Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
1 Posts
There is honestly a $10 and 30 min solution. Not worth fretting over what to do if you want auto stop/start to be OFF by default. This mod fixes permanently.

Easily removable if desired. Keeps the function but starts in OFF vs ON. I Did this within a couple weeks of getting my 2020. Don't even think about it anymore.

Ironically, I sometimes turn ON Stop/Start when in a long drive through line courtesy of the pandemic.

Please send me the information to get this $10 solution. I'm a GA State Certified CDL Trainer who feels the slight delay in starting the engine is enough to cause a potential problem when pulling out into heavy traffic.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Please send me the information to get this $10 solution. I'm a GA State Certified CDL Trainer who feels the slight delay in starting the engine is enough to cause a potential problem when pulling out into heavy traffic.
This thread got kind of spread out and keep in mind, this is for the G2 RL, Pilot and Passport. The models without a wireless charger are easier as the key is access to a 12v switched power source. The info is in ROC but here is a direct link to the most condensed post on Piloteers: Automatic Auto Idle Stop System set to Off by default...

21 - 22 of 22 Posts