Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the following problems and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. When I go to start my Ridgeline it acts like the battery is not fully charged (cranks slow). It has been doing this since I bought it. Just over the past several days, the following has occured several times, in addition to the slow cranking, the speedometer and tach needles flutter and make a clicking noise for a few seconds, at their zero point, and then go to where they should be. In addition to this both trip odometers reset to zero. I plan to see my dealer, but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this. :(

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Just a guess but I bet it is either end of one of the battery cables. The most likely is the negative terminal at the battery. It might be worth checking before it leaves you stranded, which from the symptoms, is likely at any time. If you can move the terminal by hand it's too loose. It could also be the negative cable where it connects to the body directly in front of the battery. Don't let it go any longer than you absolutely have to. It is probably a very minor problem, like a loose terminal bolt, but it can cause you some real trouble.

Oh, and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1 Posts
RedRidge,

Check the 40A main back-up fuse in the engine room fuse box. This supplies battery power to the meter and other electrical devices. Its possible it is not installed and is whats causing the meter to re-initialize everytime. This fuse should have been installed at the dealer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had the same problem on my old Suburban- It was not the battery cable but the part inside the batter that connected the posts to the plates. So the simple answer is that it was my battery.

I replaced it and had no other problems!

I agree with the others- It could be cables or the connection itself. Just dont assume that your new battery is OK.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally was able to bring my truck to the dealer to look at. I had measured the battery voltage to be 10.5 volts, not a good sign. They ran their test and found it to have a dead cell. They replaced the battery, problem resolved!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts