Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to start my truck the other day and nothing. Everything worked just no crank. I tried the normal things like testing the battery, hitting the starter, tried starting it in neutral and even replaced the starter relay. In the end I had it towed to a Honda dealer and they replaced the starter. I have 176000 km or about 110000 miles. Does the starter failing at this time seem early? It does to me.

· Administrator
24,832 Posts
A buddy of mine who owned a 2010 had his started replaced twice in less than 50K miles. It would get noisy, slow, then intermittent before failing completely. The starter in my 2010 started squealing for a second after releasing the key in cold weather. It was getting progressively worse before I traded it in for my 2014. Starter problems are not some widespread plague on the Ridgeline, but they're not unheard of.

· Registered
5,700 Posts
Sounds WAY premature to me.... meaning it can happen, but you wouldn't expect that very often with that few miles.
I would think a BIG variable might be the weather it's operated in & whether or not it's garaged.

· Registered
788 Posts
I replaced mine at 130K when it finally went out, but, I have never been happy with it. Always seemed underpowered and weak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.