Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Starting an already running Ridgeline

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Lingered_I 
#1 · (Edited)
I've done this twice now - turned the ignition to start when the engine is already running. The shriek from the starter can't be a good thing.
I'm happy that the idle is so smooth and quiet that you can forget the engine is already running, but shouldn't the ignition barrel be locked so you can't turn the key that far?

#6 ·
Spiritgeezer, you don't know about being embarassed until you do it on a Harley - in the parking lot of the Harley dealer - after a HOG club meeting - with about 50 other riders within earshot! 'Course, I dont know who would do such a thing :eek: !

#10 ·
You could have just mumbled something about "Oh, that's right, this one doesn't HAVE reverse!"
Ultra-HOG said:
Spiritgeezer, you don't know about being embarassed until you do it on a Harley - in the parking lot of the Harley dealer - after a HOG club meeting - with about 50 other riders within earshot! 'Course, I dont know who would do such a thing :eek: !

#11 ·
Since my radio is typically cranked a little load I used to do this all the time. I have gotten accustom to giving a quick tap to the gas pedal just to make sure. Now, no more starter grinding

#14 ·
All you really need to do is take a quick glance at the tachometer. If it's not at zero rpm it's running. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.