Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my RL just over a year ago and it was a year old at that point. Haven't had the time to really dig in and do some paint correction and a true detail (normally weekends are dedicate to kids' sports and bday parties). The previous owner had clearly run it through some car washes that left some swirls in the paint. Yesterday, I clay barred it, then used some Menzerna Intensive Polish with an orange pad to get rid of most of the swirls. Not perfect, but much better. Then this morning, I wiped it down with a ~50/50 mix of alcohol/water. Since I had never owned a black vehicle, wanted something that would really help keep it clean. I decided to give Cquartz UK 3.0 a try and put on the first coat. I had never used it before, but so far I like it. Easy on and off. I need to do another coat either tonight or tomorrow, but pretty impressed with how much better it looks overall.

Here are a couple of pics of the reflections.

IMG_20200412_113916.jpg

IMG_20200412_112909.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Amazing results! Nice work.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
Looks great. I wish someone, other than me, would do that to my white Ridgeline.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all!

It was a lot of work, but worth it to see the final results. I am hopeful that it will be easier to keep clean now, but only time will tell. It is one of those things (full detail of a vehicle) that I haven't had time to do in a long time. I would really like to do our Ody as well, but after how long this took me, I doubt I will anytime soon.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,357 Posts
That looks great!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful but glad I went with white.......
Yeah, my car is white so I know how much easier it is to keep clean. Then again, since my truck has basically just been sitting in the garage the past few weeks, it still looks perfect!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts