Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Newbie seeks stealership in Westchester County NY. I would like to find one I can work with to order a 2017 RL. Understanding it will be difficult to get a great price near the truck's launch, I 'd like to find a dealer who will ensure:
-Allocation and delivery
-Color and Trim choice
-Timeliness (August?)
-Good communication and updates

I a willing to put down a deposit but not willing to go through a lot of BS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Pushgears

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
I can't tell you about specific dealerships in your area, but if you're going to be an early adopter of the 2017, you're going to be paying sticker price. Honda dealerships do this with pretty much EVERY brand new model they sell for a minimum of a couple of months. I worked for a Honda dealership back in 2006 when the RL, Civic, CR-V and Fit were either introduced or vastly updated. You could not purchase one for less than MSRP. If you wanted it, the sticker price was the price. Every dealership in the area did this, so it didn't matter whatsoever where you bought it. If the dealership you go to doesn't have the model/color you want, just search your local inventories online at either the dealership websites, Autotrader or a similar service. You could also have your dealership do a vehicle trade for you. You may get lucky and have a certain dealership throw in some accessories for you, but don't expect to get thousands of dollars off of the MSRP.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. You are most likely correct in terms of pricing structure and discounts. When I bought my Civic CRX in '85 (its first year), I called around and wound up buying from the stealer who charged "only" MSRP; that is - didn't add a premium to sticker price. Hoping for $500 - 1000 off this time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts