Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone!

I purchased this LED light bar for $164 from:

I'd love to hear your thoughts about my mod. I'm blown away by the quality of this product. Feel free to ask any questions.

Shout out to R3SP0NSE & Steve1102004 who inspired me with their posts:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78113&highlight=light+bar
--------------------------------------

Here's my review:

After reading review after review for over a week, I noticed the feedback wasn't consistent for these "Rigid Knock-offs." You have the risk-takers who said it was a great deal. Then you have the RIGID fanboys, who swear paying $1000 for the real deal makes a huge difference.

I took a chance. I ordered two of these. One for myself, one for a friend, and I have 0 regrets. #yolo

In short... stop looking for another company and buy this light now. Don't buy from ebay. Don't buy from China. Buy from the LED-STORE. If something goes wrong, or if it's dead on arrival, at least they're in the US and I've read their customer service is on par.

-------------------------

SHIPPING:
This light bar arrived in 3 days, from California to NJ. If I went with any other store, it would have taken well over 2 weeks to ship from China.

BUILD QUALITY:
I was expecting some flimsy toy of an LED bar. As soon as I lugged the box into my house, I knew I was dealing with some heavy duty s***. I opened the box and was BLOWN AWAY by the quality. In times of need, you could easily use this as a battering ram.

WIRE HARNESS:
A free wire harness?! What?! That's unheard of! BUT IT'S TRUE! This thing came with an AMAZINGLY WELL MADE WIRE HARNESS! I simply punched a hole into my firewall, attached the wire to the terminals and was ready to go in no time! A++++++

BRIGHTNESS:

For the first test, I hooked everything up, stood in front of the light, and had my friend hit my switch.

This is what happened:

But for real, this thing is BRIGHT! For the price, you can't beat it! Some fanboys say RIGIDs are brighter. All I have to say is I spent $1000 less for "pretty much the same exact thing." Nuff' Said.

After I turn these off, my stock headlights seem so wimpy. It's like comparing candle light to the sunlight. There is no comparison. It's night and day.

INSTALLATION:

If you are attaching this to your bumper, roofrack, hood, whatever, it should be easy as hell with the provided materials.

My biggest fear was that some jackass would think it was a RIGID led bar and try to steal it, so I decided to take it a step further and do a stealthy install. Now, it's barely noticeable during the daytime. Hit the bumper with the Dremel, modified the provided brackets, and machined a few extra. After bolting it on and lock-tighting everything, no one is getting this light bar off... not even myself. (see stealthy pics below)

PICTURES:

For your convenience, I made an animated gif comparing my stock headlights to the light bar. You can thank me later.

----

Here's a picture of my Honda Ridgeline with the light off/on:

----

And here's a picture with the light super-imposed over my truck.

(brightness is not accurate due to exposure changes)

-----

Before:

After:

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Don't hesitate. If you want an LED light bar, buy this one. You won't regret it. Just make sure you buy it from LEDSTORE so it ships fast and you can return it if there's an issue.

Save your money and don't buy a RIGID. You could get at least FIVE of these for the same price!

Build/quality/harness/electronics/brightness: All exceeded my expectations.

I was not paid by anyone to write this review. I have no affiliation with TUFF STUFF or LED STORE or any other company. Just sharing my 100% honest opinion about this product and the service I received.

Anyone want me to make an install/how-to thread?

-

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yes instal please! Nice pics..looks like an animal...thoughts on blocking air to rad?
Says 74.99 now...might want to get some $ back for price drop...nevermind...seen the shipping..cant find led store to buy from though

·
Registered
186 Posts
I saw someone in the CNY area with a white RL who had something like this set up and turned on during the day the other day. It was very blinding and very unsafe for oncoming traffic. Nighttime if you are alone on the road, or if you are off road - this should be awesome. But this could easily blind oncoming traffic and cause an accident. And yes - you can be held liable for it. At least in New York State you can.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw someone in the CNY area with a white RL who had something like this set up and turned on during the day the other day. It was very blinding and very unsafe for oncoming traffic. Nighttime if you are alone on the road, or if you are off road - this should be awesome. But this could easily blind oncoming traffic and cause an accident. And yes - you can be held liable for it. At least in New York State you can.
Yep, Users Beware - this light should ONLY be used when youre alone or off-road.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OP: What is the part number? I can't seem to find it on Amazon.
google "B00BF2RCXA"

Seems like the seller isn't on amazon anymore. check out his site - ocgizmo[dot]com and shoot him an email. Say that I recommended the product and if you could match the price of $172.80 including shipping. I also just ordered two 60w work lights. Will do a review when they come in.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
so Kevin...what did you end up attaching this to? did you use the supplied brackets? or make something up?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so Kevin...what did you end up attaching this to? did you use the supplied brackets? or make something up?
I modified the supplied bracket. Since I wasn't able to drill into the bumper, I had to use two strips of metal to attach it to bolts near the radiator. Sounds ghetto?... maybe, but works? YES!

Writing up the how-to thread now. I'll post a link here in a few minutes.

It's not as sketchy as it sounds lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
google "B00BF2RCXA"

Seems like the seller isn't on amazon anymore. check out his site - ocgizmo[dot]com and shoot him an email. Say that I recommended the product and if you could match the price of $172.80 including shipping. I also just ordered two 60w work lights. Will do a review when they come in.
AWESOME! Thanks! :act035:

·
Registered
58 Posts
No doubt the LED bar puts out awesome light, but it looks like the installation completely covers the power steering fluid cooler and the transmission cooler, and probably reduces the airflow through the radiator by 15-20%. It would be interesting to see what happens to the fluid temperatures in summer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No doubt the LED bar puts out awesome light, but it looks like the installation completely covers the power steering fluid cooler and the transmission cooler, and probably reduces the airflow through the radiator by 15-20%. It would be interesting to see what happens to the fluid temperatures in summer.
I have not had any problems with mine and i have had my light bar there going on 2 years.

Reactions: DJ_lithium

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I keep checking Amazon for that light and it's down to $78.50, but it has $98 shipping!!!!!!!!!!! NOPE!
$98 shipping....WTF..?!?!?!? :act018:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I really want to do this install, but the one on amazon ships from china and I'm not sure how I feel about that, even with $90+ its still under $200, but i don't want it to take forever to arrive. I can't find it at the ledstore as suggested. Has anyone else found this anywhere else? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I really want to do this install, but the one on amazon ships from china and I'm not sure how I feel about that, even with $90+ its still under $200, but i don't want it to take forever to arrive. I can't find it at the ledstore as suggested. Has anyone else found this anywhere else? Thanks guys.
I managed to find one on Ebay....coming from Claifornia, $145.08 from toysforthebigboys free shipping.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts