Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this Stebel air horn kit for my 2017 Ridgeline, because I dislike the stock horn. How would I install it? I would ideally like to use the horn cable already in the truck, and replace the stock horn.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Bought this Stebel air horn kit for my 2017 Ridgeline, because I dislike the stock horn. How would I install it? I would ideally like to use the horn cable already in the truck, and replace the stock horn.
there’s a ton of horn installs, just use search. Heres the one I did. if you want to take the oem horn off and reuse that bracket, it’s buried under the battery near the bumper. I just unhooked the wire running to it so not sure how how hard it would be to remove/install using that bracket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bit more to it than that...those horns draw high amperage so you have to use a relay to go from the low capacity horn wire to a high capacity battery-to-horn source. You can use the stock horn wire to activate the relay that has to be connected to the battery (or other high amp circuit). The instructions are with the horn and should be very clear. I drew a simple diagram of how it should look. this is simplified a bit in that there are probably one or two grounds to wire also.

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
The Ridgeline horn fuse is 10 amp. The Stebel horn draws 18 amp. You will need to wire in a separate relay and fuse to the battery, and use the original horn wire as the controller signal for that relay.

·
Registered
81 Posts
get a motorcycle air horn installation kit kit, it come with everything.
I mounted my Marco tornado right behind the H in the grill, theres an unused threaded hole there.
I left the stock horn alone, with all three, its loud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts