Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my RTL/Moonroof today. The is a rectangular access hole in the top of the steering column and I found the plastic insert for it in a little plastic bag in the glove box. Does anyone know what the hole is for? Why was the car delivered without the cover installed - just an oversight or am I supposed to reset something? Any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It sounds like the cover for the gearshift lockout. I rember reading about it in the owners manual. If no one else posts the answer before tomorrow, I will look it up and post the page reference.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My understanding, if I was listening to the salesman correctly, is that this is a release for the gearshift. Without a key in the ignition, I do not believe you can shift from park to neutral (or anything else). Sticking a key or similar in the slot allows you to shift to neutral without a key. (Give it a try ... while the parking brake is on.) I put the cap on the hole and will no doubt have forgotten all this by the time I have any need to remember it, which will make it a useless feature for me. :D

L

·
0 Posts
This is left off for the transportation of the vehicle only. It has to be installed after the vehicle is delivered to the dealer. It is installed during the PDI ( pre-delivery inspection ) process. It simply means a tech forgot it to put it on. Just pop it on and you should be good to go!! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, glad I joined! It took two-seconds to snap the little bugger in place - now this vehicle is perfect! Thanks for the help! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts