Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found that the steering wheel is too smooth and slippery. I'm used to a wrapped leather cover that I had on my CRV.
Anyone else toyed with these at all? I looked at some today that slip on over the wheel, lots of different textures and types, felt/velour, rubberized, etc...

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I wonder if you could do the same thing (swap the steering wheel) but with an '05 Ody. I really like my Ody's steering wheel and it has all of the appropriate controls for all of the toys!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ones that you wrap take time. I did my CRV and it came out pretty good. The difference is the Ridgeline has larger and more (3 vs two) points of contact that you have to work around, and it's hard to make that look good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am thinking some nice racing gloves. A bit cheaper and I look cool. LOL
Honestly I have tried covers. I would really pay a professional to but a real expensive leather wrap on my stearing wheel. Problem is I have never seen anyone provide this service.
Everytime I try to put a wrap on it looks like a 1st grader did it.

Jeff Heiss
Dallas, Tx

·
Registered
491 Posts
I put a leather cover on once. it took a long time, you had to stictch it on, but it came out great. I do remember it being expensive though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You could always buy the leather wheel from the RT-L and replace the one you have. I put the Pilot leather wheel on my Element, what a difference. Almost feels like a new car again.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's a good idea.

Among our (few) gripes tho about our RTL is that the steering wheel is small and hides the instruments sometimes.

Wrapping of course would add a little bit to the built-in obstruction.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Found a cool one at Pep Boys for $11 today. Its a rubber and Pleather combo. Looks pretty cool with the white Honda lettering. Makes a sportier feel and look to the interior.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts