Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i saw on here a few months ago about others who have had this problem with the steering wheel falling apart! if so how was this handled. i was told once at the dealership that it would be fixed and now since i am 400 miles over my warranty they don't know if they will fix.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If you can show the prior complaint at the dealership, you have a record that there was a problem prior to the expiration of your warranty.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I think i saw on here a few months ago about others who have had this problem with the steering wheel falling apart! if so how was this handled. i was told once at the dealership that it would be fixed and now since i am 400 miles over my warranty they don't know if they will fix.
Steering wheels are not supposed to fall apart and unless you have exposed them to harsh chemicals or have driven off road for thousands of miles, this part is not expected to fail for the life of your truck. Do not take the answer of "no" from the service writer as the final word and ask to speak to the General Manager of the dealership first. If that fails, call Honda Corporate and speak to a customer complaint rep and see if they will pursuade the dealer to show you some courtesy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay now i just got a phone call saying they will fix my steering wheel. I thought that was a no brainer.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Okay now i just got a phone call saying they will fix my steering wheel. I thought that was a no brainer.
That is good news indeed. I had to get my steering wheel replaced at about the two year mark...no problems seen yet since the replacement. Glad it worked out for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts