Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The leather on my steering wheel is flaking off . Where I grip my hands its flaking and wearing off. Im pretty laid back so It cant be from white knuckle steering. Is this happening to others? What do you think Honda will do if I take it to them?
I dread these idiot mechanics replaceing my steering wheel. :(

·
Registered
257 Posts
I havn't seen that, I have seen nicks and scrapes from my wifes nails. O well,no big. It's just a truck. :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
I haven't experienced that either. Perhaps you have had something on your hands that reacted with the leather finish. Hand cream? Something from work?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
They will definitely offer you a new steering wheel and probably only the part of the wheel that has the leather on it. This wheel is made up of multiple parts and the risk of them going back together neatly and all working goes up with the inexperience level of the mechanic they assign. Demand the senior guy take care of you and not the apprentice and you have a chance that it will look and work OK.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
rtboy1961 said:
The leather on my steering wheel is flaking off . Where I grip my hands its flaking and wearing off. Im pretty laid back so It cant be from white knuckle steering. Is this happening to others? What do you think Honda will do if I take it to them?
I dread these idiot mechanics replaceing my steering wheel. :(
Using a lot of insect repellent with DEET can cause a reaction like you are talking about with the leather on your steering wheel. I have seen it before on another truck with a leather trimed steering wheel and the service mgr for that brand sent it off for an analysis and that is what it came back as.

L

·
0 Posts
Ridgeline said:
Nothing to report yet.
I can't say I have seen or felt that either.
Hey Ridgeline..welcome to the ROC. Where did you come up with such an original name??? :D ;)
Enjoy your ride...we're glad you are here!!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
I was just gonna ask the same thing!! But hey! He is the first member to use Ridgeline! Welcome aboard Ridgeline! ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
ladyridge said:
I can't say I have seen or felt that either.
Hey Ridgeline..welcome to the ROC. Where did you come up with such an original name??? :D ;)
Enjoy your ride...we're glad you are here!!
Yes, I couldn't believe it was available. I'm guess I'm just lucky.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
My steering wheel is so slick in my hands, I wear driving gloves to maintane control!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts