Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Navi with on screen display. The book says that if you press and hold the mode button for 6 seconds it will allow you to switch from category mode to channel mode.
My ? is.
In Past vehicles the steering wheel channel up/down button would work in category or channel mode. In the Ridgeline it appears that the channel up/ down button only controls presets on the radio. I think this stinks with XM as you have 100 stations and are only able to flip thru 6 from the steering wheel control.. Dont know about others, but my reach to the radio right hand channel up/ down button is a far reach.. to far to do comfortably and stay driving safe.
Am I doing something wrong, or is this the way it is?
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've had the same problem, of course I haven't read the manual on the steering wheel controls. The voice menu works pretty well for me for XM presets "radio XM1 preset 1" etc which gives me a few extra channels but I agree the steering wheel should change channels. I often use the Audio screen on nav which is a little easier for me while driving.

·
Registered
257 Posts
TheRidgester said:
I have the Navi with on screen display. The book says that if you press and hold the mode button for 6 seconds it will allow you to switch from category mode to channel mode.
My ? is.
In Past vehicles the steering wheel channel up/down button would work in category or channel mode. In the Ridgeline it appears that the channel up/ down button only controls presets on the radio. I think this stinks with XM as you have 100 stations and are only able to flip thru 6 from the steering wheel control.. Dont know about others, but my reach to the radio right hand channel up/ down button is a far reach.. to far to do comfortably and stay driving safe.
Am I doing something wrong, or is this the way it is?
Thanks
Glad you brought this up. I read the same thing. If it doesn't work I'll call honda

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
XM and FM sounds too much alike. Our voice command would get them mixed up, but we were only saying "XM 1" without the 150. There is no FM 150, so that would probably help it differentiate.

Notice this is all in past tense. Sadly, our XM expired. We miss it, but not so much that we've signed up. I'm very surprised we haven't received another call or mailing. . .

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Truckin' said:
XM and FM sounds too much alike. Our voice command would get them mixed up, but we were only saying "XM 1" without the 150. There is no FM 150, so that would probably help it differentiate.

Notice this is all in past tense. Sadly, our XM expired. We miss it, but not so much that we've signed up. I'm very surprised we haven't received another call or mailing. . .
Actually that isn't correct, the commands are this:
XM Channel ###
Radio ###.# FM
Radio ### AM

At least this is how I always do it when I am doing voice commands. My favorite voice command though is when someone starts to pick on my truck who is riding shotgun:
Passenger Temperture 59.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
This may be nit-picking but I'm always looking for a Mute button on my steering wheel control because cell phone rings, wife's yelling at me etc,etc.

Have one on another vehicle and am so use to it. I have to reach for radio on/off button and end up turning it off. Maybe Honda would add that feature in coming year models.

I better shut up - there is probably Voice Activation for Mute that I haven't tried yet.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I can get 12 XM, 6 presets on XM1 and 6 on XM2. But that does suck! I still have my XM roadie with remote control from my old car and it works great, so when the Honda trial is up, back in goes the roadie! 100+ channels piped right into the aux!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts