Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

341 - 360 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well after coming across this 7 yr old thread, I remembered that I have been carrying my replacement pulleys in my console for almost 2 years, so last night I got them replaced, thanks for the step by step photos, they were a big help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Rear Seat Support (Bar or Leg) Won't Retract (Stay Flat With Seat Up)

Thank you so much for posting this @meng

My 2008 had the passenger side fail. Your picture guide made it a snap (almost) to repair. Thanks for recommending both sides be done while it is disassembled. I ordered a pair and replaced them both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found the OEM replacement parts on Amazon. I also checked with my usual Honda dealership to make sure that there isn't a replacement recall which would have them do this for free. There isn't.
They said that TSB 10-068 also has them replacing two trim pieces on the bottom, sides of the rear seats because they always break getting them off ($100 for the pair).
Have any of you experienced this during the repair?
Honda said that they would do the repairs for $252 plus parts.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
While the very helpful images posted by @meng were still available, I generated a PDF file (15 MB) of the first 40 posts on this topic in case it ever became unavailable before I got around to performing the fix. Who knew? I have never tried to link to a file hosted on Google Drive so I hope it works. Let me know if the link doesn't work and I will try to figure it out.

Damn you, photobucket! All images that were embedded before the policy change should have been grandfathered.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_rfj98mktAPd2pZVDhzWGlacnM

Edit: If it doesn't work, I can try to get the file size down to a size that the forum will accept (under 10 MB).

Another Edit: Uploaded a compressed version of the PDF (1.3 MB) to the forum in case google pulls a photobucket maneuver in the future. Unsolicited plug - https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf downsized the PDF file from 15 MB to 1.3 MB with no discernible difference when viewed on my iPad. Took only minutes and it was free!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
It worked for me. The pictures show up. I'm using a Mac but assume it will work for others.
Thanks for taking the time to do that.
Thanks for the feedback. If you save the PDF file to your computer, it can be opened in a PDF reader which will let you zoom in on the pics if needed. My tired old eyes require a lot of zooming these days. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
Opened Fine on an iPad.

Great Work Ridged

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,279 Posts
I've been holding on to my machined pulleys for 5-6 yrs. now. I think I may go ahead and replace them, instead of waiting for a failure.
Thanks, for preserving the tutorial.
Lol. I'm still holding on to my machined pulleys. Just hope I can find them should I ever need to replace the plastic ones!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,279 Posts
I forget who machined those aluminum pulleys years ago before Honda finally recognized the issue and corrected it with those pot metal pelleys. I seem to recall paying $80-ish for them. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
I forget who machined those aluminum pulleys years ago before Honda finally recognized the issue and corrected it with those pot metal pelleys. I seem to recall paying $80-ish for them. ;)
I almost sprung for those but procrastination, and the lack of immediate need, worked in my favor for a change.

Looks like it was someone named Bryan (BR'sHBRidge) that made them. It's great when Ridgeline owners step up to the plate like that to fill a need.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/71-1g-problems-issues/38695-steps-fix-rear-seat-support-bar-leg-won-t-retract-stay-flat-seat-up.html#post558267

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
PDF download worked fine for me, even through the Commonwealth's firewall.

Reactions: ridged

·
Registered
20 Posts
If someone could say what Honda calls this part and what their official part number is, it would help folks like me track down a replacement online.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rock Auto shows Seat Adjustment Cable Guide, then Cushion Cable, and a Dorman part no. 924277{#82139SJCA02}. It looks like the pulley but doesn't say what it's made of. I'm guessing plastic. $6.10 each.

Had the seats in my 2010 folded up for many months, put them down for a week, then back up and the supports won't go down.

Will keep searching, guess will try Honda, but I hate calling the dealer parts dept because it'll always be more expensive than what I can find myself online.

341 - 360 of 389 Posts