Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

361 - 380 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Oh, I thought all the new ones were metal. Not sure as to what kind of metal it is but it weighs and feels like a substantial cable guide. I don't believe I ever heard of one of these metal ones failing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
A02 => pot metal cable guide to replace the original A01 plastic that kept failing. Metal parts are v. inexpensive even from the dealership...something like $11 for both guides. I haven't looked for them online, like from HondaPartsOnline.com, but I'd guess they're next to nothing...super easy to replace with the photos at the beginning of the original thread. Good luck.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello kcburk, do you remember where you bought them?? I am currently looking to do mine!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for this thread and the Amazon link. My 08 big side broke about 6 months ago and I've been using a bungee cord to hold it up. Not a big deal because my seats are down most of the time but one less awkward hassle is always a good thing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I did this repair today after having the replacement pulleys for over 6 months now. I might have done it in only minutes, less than 45. I did it based on an YouTube video ~14 minutes long. Two things I noted:

1) you dot have to fully remove the plastic cover on the pulley, just enough to get it out of the way.

2) after determining the pulley only goes on one way, I realized there was a lip in the metal requiring my pulley to be “pressed” on. I had to get the nut on a few turns, wiggle the pulley, turn the nut more and repeat until it was on far enough to crank the nut on the fully seat the pulley.

Wrapping the center belt around the driver headrest helped get the seat back in place too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
rear seats brace pulley ???

One of the issues on my "new" 2007 is BOTH rear seat braces will not fold. A quick search on ROC (THANKS ROCERS) tells me I probably have broken pulleys! Looks like a DIY that even I can do. Now my question. Went to eBay to purchase pulleys and looks like OEM Honda pulleys are now made of a different material (grey) instead of the white plastic. Also there is the metal (Dorman) option. What is confusing is they are sold as individual, 2 paks and 4 paks. Some mention a "left and right". Sooo, I just need 2 pulleys? One for each seat? Is there a "left/right"? Are the Honda OEM's holding up or should I go with the more expensive metal? Color me Aberdeen Green Metallic and CONFUSED!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Re: rear seats brace pulley ???

New honda ones are metal. Yes two pulleys. To save confusion and possibly getting wrong part...just call your local honda and order them. 82139-SJC-A02

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: rear seats brace pulley ???

THANK YOU STUV! Local Honda not an option because live in rural S. Oregon. 2nd car is a 2018 CRV. Got a much better deal from a dealer 90 miles away. Also after buying the 07 RL, got a couple quotes. Local dealer was $450 higher than Honda Only shop 30 miles away. Extra key fob (only got 1 w/truck) was $155. On line/free shipping has been a better option for me as I fix/replace broken/missing (bed rail screw caps, engine cowling fasteners, BAKFlip support rod, touch up paint, cabin and engine air filters) items. My brother in law thinks I'm being anal about the truck. After all it's 12 years old and he gave me guff over spending $8.95 for 2 little pcs of plastic to cover the bed rail screws! BUT I am treating my truck like a "classic restoration" AND, being retired it gives me something to do besides golf and fishing.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,762 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
I did the task of replacing the pulleys in about half of my lunch hour one day. I was surprised how quickly it was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great post! Something I'm going to have to do to my 07 one of these days.

Gene:smile:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bought me a set of pullys to fix the rear sets on my 07. Can't wait to do this.
Gene:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just finished doing my '08 a few minutes ago. Very easy.
Took me less than one hour. A12 service tomorrow.
Planning to fix ( resolder connection) radio light next weekend.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,279 Posts
And I still have my as-yet-uninstalled machined aluminum pulleys. My OEM pulleys have not yet broken!

361 - 380 of 389 Posts