Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using these things?
I've used mine a couple of times for no more then 5 minutes, I'm pretty sure I used them because they were there. Granted I haven't been tailgating yet, but I also don't tailgate all that often either.

Any exciting exciter thoughts? :|

I'm pretty sure the lack of chatter speaks volumes about their existence.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've used them when washing it or installing stuff on it (roof rack, steps) or when the kids ask but I'm not usually hanging out near the truck wishing I had music.

·
Registered
235 Posts
They are a perk, but not a game changer. I was able to listen to the Jason Ellis show on siriusxm while washing the car last night for about 1.5 hours; they worked great. I tailgate every weekend now that college football is kicking off, but we won't be using the exciters... that's what the bose towers are for!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,577 Posts
I have to agree that the exciters seem to be the solution to a problem that doesn't exist. But maybe I'm wrong. ;)

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Not very exciting. Got sheep?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Used them yesterday as I listened to XM Fantasy Sports while installed my Access tonneau cover and a few other times. I think they are pretty cool and they work. But then again so does everything else on my truck. There I went and jinxed myself!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used them last weekend while out on the driveway brewing beer. Worked out fairly well. I will start to use them more if I'm hanging out in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,011 Posts
I used them at a pool party the first week I had the truck. They were essentially useless a few dozen yards away since you couldn't really hear them even at 75% volume. At 100% volume, there was too much distortion. I've used them a few times out in the driveway while washing the truck, but my Bose SoundLink Mini sitting in the garage sounds much better so I'd rather use it instead. I don't "tailgate". This is one feature that all my friends and family think is neat when I demonstrate it, but I personally have no real-world use for it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So......

It's safe to assume pretty much everybody would prefer a tailgate lock over bed speakers?

Absolutely, and can someone explain why the Canadian models have ventilated seats for those blistering 60 days of hot weather there while waaay further south here in Hell's Anvil they are not an option? I'd have gladly paid extra $$ for them......

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wish I had this option on my RTL. I do side work building fences and decks and this would be great for us. Oh well. I guess I will just buy one of those battery Bose systems and mount it in that little side compartment.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Another one of those features it's nice to have, even if you don't use it all that much. I foresee listening to Packer games while doing yard putzing in fall.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
They sounded pretty dang good when they had the one playing at the meetup. It was at max volume and I could hear it a little ways away..but it was in the service drive at the dealership so it echoed pretty well. But I was surprised how well they sounded. I blew my girlfriends mind when she asked where are the speakers...I said the bed is the speakers...smoke came out of her ears a bit.

But if I was in the market...idk if I would upgrade to that option.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd trade for just about anything. $1500 for something i'll never use. Too bad they couldn't be easily removable where u could sell them on EBay or Craigslist. Years ago I was camping in Zion NP when someone arrived late at night and played music late. In the morning they slept in so I pulled up near their tent and layed on the horn. Now I could back up to their tent and blast them with music. Maybe I will download the Michael Bolton version of When a Man Loves A Woman in case something like that happens again. That'll make them piss blood.

·
Registered
33 Posts
can someone explain why the Canadian models have ventilated seats for those blistering 60 days of hot weather there while waaay further south here in Hell's Anvil they are not an option? I'd have gladly paid extra $$ for them......
I wonder if the system didn't test well enough to perform on such a regular basis as we'd use it down here. Otherwise, yeah, it's the biggest head-scratcher yet. I'm the miser buying the RT and that one feature alone would've convinced me to go multiple trims up.

:|

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've always wanted cooling seats, never had them. I'd trade the exciters for those.. and the tailgate lock.

Although I've been wondering, once I get the cover, and since every other truck in the world has a locking tailgate, do you think people would assume the Ridgeline has one also and would just assume it's locked?
(wishfully thinking)

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'll keep the exciters. I've been using them a lot:
- going to the drive in
- washing the truck
- camping
- showing off to full size guys (one said I had him beat with the speakers)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts