Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster, long time stalker of the ROC forums. So here's the deal. I've been gathering up some stereo equipment and I'm getting close to having everything for the install. I have a JL 500/1v2 amp and a JL 300/4v2 amp. Two JL 10w3's, all the power wire necessary for dual amp setup(4awg) and a custom fiberglass box I made. I plan on picking up a couple sets of some JL component speakers but have yet to do research into what will fit into the stock mounting locations. So enough bragging, it's problem time. I have an RTL w/navigation(obviously), will I be able to run my amps to the stock HU? and if so, how much will I be sacrificing in terms of sound quality/power? Any information will be appreciated.:act060:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I dont think you will be able to use the in dash head unit. because it dosent have a Eq for your amp.. correct me if im worng..mabey ts diffrent w/nav

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
One thing I'll comment on... the PXE-H660 will ultimitly aim to make the best sound stage possible by judging TA speaker response and output based on how many microphone locations you use. It took me at least 5 times to get a completely flat sound. Now, everyone's taste profiles for sound are different, and most people do not perfer flat sounding EQ's - but all variables being equal FLAT = ultimit SQ.

I don't have a boomy truck, nor do I desire one. Do I have a truck that can reproduce low end frequency with a nice roll off.. yes? is my Fq response flat all the way till roll off at 19.5k - yes. There are slight peaks and dips verified by the RTA in there but for the most part I have achieved my goal.

I think you need to first decided what you're looking for in your system, then you can decided which factory integration unit would work best for you.

You have a number of them at your disposal.

Audison Bit One
Rockford 360.1 and 360.2
JL Cleansweep
Alpine Imprint PXE-H660

Narrow down your components, your price point and your overall goals and start from there. Reaseach research research, as there are many pro's, and con's about each unit... I can't emphasis that enough. And in the end... enjoy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts