Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks,

as the title states, my 2006 Silver RL RTS was stolen some time between Thursday evening 06/07/07 and Monday morning 06/11/07 from my South San Francisco apartment parking garage. i had left for the weekend, seemingly giving the perps all the time in the world to take her.

my beloved truck was basically stock sans a custom plate reading SFRIDGE, front plate surrounded by spiked studs, an orange SF sticker in the rear passenger window, and a silver Nor*Cal sticker in the lower driver's windshield.

i reported it stolen to the SSF police dept. at 2:30am this morning and have called everyone i can think of (ins., honda finance, leasing office, mom, etc..). so far everyone has been pleasant and helpful.

I dont have very many pics, but below is the only pic i have w/ the plate on it...

if they find her, i do not think i'd be able to look at her the same...

thanks for reading,

C.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Soooo sorry for you.

Will you replace it with another?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Wow, that really *&@#$*[email protected] stinks! :mad: Best of luck to you. I hope you get a replacement truck soon.

SORRY.

·
Registered
408 Posts
That bites. We should cut off the hands of thieves like they do in Saudi.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
That s**ks, I was under the impression that you had to have the key fob to keep the engine running, I think it had to be towed.

Are there any stores with surveillance cameras that you might be able to get the tapes and see who took your ride?

·
Registered
18 Posts
"C"...I feel your pain. My favorite 1979 Ford F-150 with 13,000 mi. was also stolen about 1988. I still think of that truck...

Whatever happens, do not believe the tow-company that recovers it!!! They are known to inflate the damage and then buy it from the Insurance company for nothing.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That s**ks, I was under the impression that you had to have the key bob to keep the engine running, I think it had to be towed.

Are there any stores with surveillance cameras that you might be able to get the tapes and see who took your ride?
I was thinking the same thing, that the anti-theft would prevent the engine from running with out the encoded key fob. Did they get around this? or tow it?
Either way I hope you can get another truck soon, It would kill me to loose mine!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hopefully it will turn up soon or you will be able to replace it. Keep us posted, please.

·
Premium Member
17,039 Posts
:(
Worse case, how long does it have to be gone for insurance to get involved?

If you do get it back in good condition, will you keep it or get a different one?

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,351 Posts
That stinks! Sorry to hear about your truck being stolen.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys,

just to answer a few questions:

-to start the truck all they had to do is hold another honda key w/ the chip thing above the ignition (ive tried this with an 02 civic Si i had. a buddy's 93 acura integra key was identical to my 02 civic si!!!).

-i live in a new apt building and the cameras werent hooked up yet. :mad:

-my ins company stated they try to close and pay out in about a week if the truck isnt found.

-im not sure what i want to do yet about replacing the RL if we dont find mine. if i do, a nimbus grey might be in my future.:p

im still pretty pissed off because all of this could have been prevented if the building mgmt wasnt so negligent to the garage security. im looking into suing for an action of performance so that we can get their a$$e$$ to fix these things!

get this, i pick up a couple magazines last night (motor trend & car and driver). both of them had articles highlighting their long term veridicts on the ridgeline! both said how much their staff loved the truck. what made it worse was the fact that both magazines tested a silver RL...

i miss her so much.

C.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yesterday, i got the paper work from my insurance company to release the car for them to pay out honda what i owe on her. then today, they find it in East Palo Alto... she will sit in a tow yard over the weekend. i check it out on monday. im sure shes in pristine condition with not a scratch on her :)

C.

·
Premium Member
17,039 Posts
yesterday, i got the paper work from my insurance company to release the car for them to pay out honda what i owe on her. then today, they find it in East Palo Alto... she will sit in a tow yard over the weekend. i check it out on monday. im sure shes in pristine condition with not a scratch on her :)

C.
Please take photos of your journey getting there and what you find

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I won't share my story but, I wish you the best of luck. East PA...we should've known. I'm originally from the East Bay and it was always scary taking the short cut through East PA (this is pre Ikea and Home Depot). It's amazing the difference between neighborhoods once you cross the 101 overpass (rags to riches). :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Glad to hear you were able to recover your RL. I just hope there are no latent repercussions to motor or other. Do you have any idea how many miles they put on it?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
REALLY HAPPY TO HEAR THEY HAVE FOUND YOUR RIDGE.
IT IS VERY UPSETTING WHEN I HEAR STORIES ABOUT THEFT OF ONE'S VEHICLE.

I THOUGHT THAT THE ANTI THEFT FEATURES WOULD PREVENT THEFT.

THIS REALLY CONCERNS ME, ALL THE FANCY ELECTRONIC GADGETS AND THEY CAN DRIVE OFF WITH YOUR VEHICLE WHEN THEY WANT?????

STATE FARM GAVE ME SOME NICE DISCOUNTS BECAUSE OF SAFETY AND ANTI THEFT FEATURES.......................:eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.