Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short: My '08 RTX was recently totaled. One of the mods I did, and consequently can't live without, was installing RTL heated mirrors on it.

Well I've done the same mod on my '12 RTS but something just seems 'odd'.

On an RTL how is the auto mirror adjustment supposed to work - i.e. if you push forward (or towards the front of the vehicle) which way does the mirror move? Up or down?

For me forward is down and backwards is up. This 'feels' awkward to me for some reason.

Thanks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Forward is down and backwards is up. That's how every car I've ever been in has functioned.

My gripe with the mirror is that adjusting it with the lever does not put it fully into the dimmed position. You still need to manually move the mirror to encompass your entire view. I've never really cared enough to want an auto-dimming mirror until now.

·
Administrator
16,069 Posts
For clarification, the OP appears to be talking about the outside rearview mirrors. Their [inappropriate] mention of the word "auto" when describing the outside rearview mirrors adds confusion with the "auto" dimming inside rearview mirror.

If you push "up" (towards the front of the vehicle), the top of the mirror should tilt towards the front of the vehicle (which I would call "up") and vice versa. This is how it has worked in all three of my Ridgelines.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forward is down and backwards is up. That's how every car I've ever been in has functioned.

My gripe with the mirror is that adjusting it with the lever does not put it fully into the dimmed position. You still need to manually move the mirror to encompass your entire view. I've never really cared enough to want an auto-dimming mirror until now.
Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the side (heated) mirrors moved by the switch in font of the windows and locks switches.

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...If you push "up" (towards the front of the vehicle), the top of the mirror should tilt towards the front of the vehicle (which I would call "up") and vice versa. This is how it has worked in all three of my Ridgelines.
Thanks for checking - that's what I thought! I've got something mixed-up/backwards.

Always fun to sweat while I pry the the glass off again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts