Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum. I've searched "AC", A/C", "air conditioning" and "air conditioner", none of which seem to mention the issue I'm having.

Been staying in the Phoenix area the past few months, and the past weekends have been warm. Here's the issue:

I start the ignition, RL turns on. I then power on the AC to cool down the cabin, and from under the hood, there's this nasty, strange "buckling" or can-crunching" noise before the AC kicks in.

Difficult to describe verbally, but it sure doesn't sound like something that's normal.

Any advice? Any particular button to push when starting up the AC? Any order to follow? Or, what order to power it down when turning the RL off?

All insight is appreciated! Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
I live in Phoenix and never heard anything remotely like that. If you're anywhere around Tempe, drive over to Tempe Honda and have them check it out for you!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,786 Posts
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum. I've searched "AC", A/C", "air conditioning" and "air conditioner", none of which seem to mention the issue I'm having.

Been staying in the Phoenix area the past few months, and the past weekends have been warm. Here's the issue:

I start the ignition, RL turns on. I then power on the AC to cool down the cabin, and from under the hood, there's this nasty, strange "buckling" or can-crunching" noise before the AC kicks in.

Difficult to describe verbally, but it sure doesn't sound like something that's normal.

Any advice? Any particular button to push when starting up the AC? Any order to follow? Or, what order to power it down when turning the RL off?

All insight is appreciated! Thanks much.
Can you video this with sound and post a link? That doesn't sound normal to me. There is a clunk sound when the compressor starts to turn, but I'd think most everyone knows that sound and would consider it normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts