Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Props to 09Ridgeline for giving me the idea in his upgrade thread.
I am very happy with these results.
Although I have several flashlights in my truck, I wanted a mounted one and when I saw his rechargable mount, I thought it was perfect.

Flashlight: Streamlight Classic Stinger LED
http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=270#tabs

I ordered it off Amazon with only the 12v 10 hr charger, using NiMH batteries.

Initially I was going to mount it using screws but because I would be unable to use a backer plate, I was concerned of the long term durability. I instead opted for the grey double sided mounting tape.

First mount:

I mounted it slight off center so I can easily reach it from the drivers seat. the flashlight is small enough not to block the back light.
I wrapped up the cord and was going to use ziptie mount to hold it up close to the console but instead I should just take it a step further.

I cut the cord, soldered it back together, shirink wrapped the individual wires, then added a large shrink wrap.

The end result is much cleaner. I used a plastic cable mounting tab commonly used in computer cases to hold the remaining single wire up closer to the console.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Nice, what about something like this so the cord is even closer to the console?

http://shangorider.com/Products/Powerletpage.html

PPL-004 $13.95

Low profile, 90 degree plug. Good for heated clothing cords, radar detector cables, GPS units, - the stuff you use while riding (includes strain relief & boot). NOTE: When replacing an existing cigarette plug, verify that the cigarette plug does not contain a voltage reduction circuit.

·
Registered
730 Posts
How is the charger attached to the console? Drilled or two-sided tape?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
How is the charger attached to the console? Drilled or two-sided tape?

Initially I was going to mount it using screws but because I would be unable to use a backer plate, I was concerned of the long term durability. I instead opted for the grey double sided mounting tape.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Here is my Streamlight Strion install.

I prefer not to have too much stuff hanging out in the open so I chose the glove box for the mounting location. I used 2 black metric bolts, 2 flat washers, 2 lock washers and two 7mm nuts.

I drilled a hole for the power cord and 2 holes for the mounting bolts.

I didn't want to use up one of my power ports and have an unsightly cord sticking out. I cut the cigarette lighter adapter end off and extended the wires over to the fuse box behind the driver kick panel. I used an in-line ATC fuse holder with a 5a fuse.

For the ground side, I soldered on a ring terminal and secured it to the metal chassis of the RL with an existing 10mm bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Props to 09Ridgeline for giving me the idea in his upgrade thread.
I am very happy with these results.
Although I have several flashlights in my truck, I wanted a mounted one and when I saw his rechargable mount, I thought it was perfect.

Flashlight: Streamlight Classic Stinger
led flashlights
http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=270#tabs

I ordered it off Amazon with only the 12v 10 hr charger, using NiMH batteries.

First mount:

I mounted it slight off center so I can easily reach it from the drivers seat. the flashlight is small enough not to block the back light.
I wrapped up the cord and was going to use ziptie mount to hold it up close to the console but instead I should just take it a step further.

I cut the cord, soldered it back together, shirink wrapped the individual wires, then added a large shrink wrap.

The end result is much cleaner. I used a plastic cable mounting tab commonly used in computer cases to hold the remaining single wire up closer to the console.

Hello friend I have got many streamlight products and they are truly wonderful. Yours flashlight seems to be great and i think I need to add it to my new Honda car.. Thanks for sharing pics....:act035::act035::act035:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have. Streamlight strion but I'm a cop and carry it on my belt. Just curious why you guys want a an expensive flashlight and mount for your trucks? I would definitely be worried about it being in the truck when it's super cold or hot outside. Affecting the longevity of the battery life And performance too. Plus, scumbags will break into your car for change they see let alone something like that. Better off getting a cheaper led flashlight IMO. No offense, just wondering, I wouldn't leave mine in my truck anywhere

·
Registered
437 Posts
You sound too paranoid to be a cop. I live in Houston. It's super hot here. I've had a strion in my glove box for over a year. No problems.
Here we go again with the "All cops are bad" theme again--get a ticket A.H.--go to court and bitch --just not here--:act027::act027: OH and spell check is your friend???

·
Registered
586 Posts
Here we go again with the "All cops are bad" theme again--get a ticket A.H.--go to court and bitch --just not here--:act027::act027: OH and spell check is your friend???
Wow, you are quite touchy. I never said anything about all cops being bad. I'm not sure how you derived that from my comment.

Let me know which spelling errors I have made and I will attempt to do better.

What do you mean by get a ticket A.H.? Go to court and bitch about what?

My comment was about the durability of a strion flashlight battery when subjected to the heat in a parked car. I fail to see what your problem is.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow, you are quite touchy. I never said anything about all cops being bad. I'm not sure how you derived that from my comment.

Let me know which spelling errors I have made and I will attempt to do better.

What do you mean by get a ticket A.H.? Go to court and bitch about what?

My comment was about the durability of a strion flashlight battery when subjected to the heat in a parked car. I fail to see what your problem is.
?? Yeah I missed something there too. :act024:

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After running my flashlight with only the gray double stick tape through the hot summer, it would occasionally fall off and finally I got tired of reattaching it so I decided to make a more permanent attachment.

I ordered some rivet nuts, a set tool and some bolts from McMaster.
I drilled into the back of the center console using a stop collar, inserted and set these nut then reattached the recharge cradle with some bolt AND 2 small pieces of gray double side tape.

Works flawlessly:
Rivet Nuts: 10-32 - part 97217A359
2" 10-32 Machine screws - part 91735A845

1 - 15 of 15 Posts