Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a strut bar for the ridgeline? I drove a jeep comander that had one and wow what a difference in body roll. Or maybe there is a company that can make one.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Given the torsional ridigity of the RL, I doubt you would notice much difference with a strut bar.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a front strutbar brace on my 91 TT and it made a MASSIVE differance. I don't see why you wouldn't feel a differance in the Ridgeline. Now I have to go out and pop the hood to see if I can make one.

EDIT: I would have but my truck is now under 3 inches of snow. Might go driving instead

·
Registered
953 Posts
Billy The Kid said:
I have a front strutbar brace on my 91 TT and it made a MASSIVE differance. I don't see why you wouldn't feel a differance in the Ridgeline. Now I have to go out and pop the hood to see if I can make one.

EDIT: I would have but my truck is now under 3 inches of snow. Might go driving instead
The rigidity of the chassis resists flexing far greater than other conventional unit-body construction. Adding a strut bar will increase weight and that's about it. Yes, on other cars there can be a twist problem, my 911 will twist when jacking up one side to the point the door won't close.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Haven’t checked the back end yet but the area above each strut tower where a strut-bar would normally mount to is under the front fenders and there already seems to be a large structure below the windshield across the front. We did make a few pre-production billet braces that tied the two lower control arm pivot points on the rear of the civic del-Sol and our son has a tubular strut-brace mounted on the front of his 01 Civic coupe so I know how it can change how the vehicle feels.
Are you sure you are experiencing chassis flex and not rolling your front tires under during hard cornering?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
arteegee said:
Neither of those cars is anywhere near as stiff as the Ridgeline.:rolleyes:
I concur arteegee, I went from driving a couple inches off the ground in the most flexi Honda ever made to a nice view way up in the comfy cab of my very solid Ridgeline. Much Better.......now!:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like to see someone make a strut bar for the front of the ridgeline just to test it out, I think everyone would be very suprised as to how much it will make a difference. I do agree it is a stiff truck.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Ridge Patrol, check out Nevadagarth's post #5 in this thread. This ain't your father's Oldsmobile. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice pics, well that might help a little maybe i need to look under the truck at the suspension instead of the body, most vehicles are due to bodyroll which the strut bar gets rid of, does anyone know if there are friont and rear sway bars and the thickness of them? thanks for the link

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
maybe i need to look under the truck at the suspension instead of the body, most vehicles are due to bodyroll which the strut bar gets rid of, does anyone know if there are friont and rear sway bars and the thickness of them?
Strut bars do not get rid of body roll. Strut bars reduce the tendency for the unibody to flex under hard cornering by bracing between the top of the strut towers. Yes, there are anti-sway bars front and rear, 24.5mm and 22 mm respectively. The Ridgeline is the best handling truck I have ever driven. IMHO opinion, putting in larger bars might reduce body roll to a further extent at the cost of increasing the harshness of the ride.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Strut bars are bandaids for too flexible unibodies. The RL doesn't need it and will see no benefit. Get one made and see for yourself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts