Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Let me start off by saying hello for my first post, and to say that I'm not new to Honda trucks, ive worked on my father's pilot front strut wise among many other things for an 03 with 175k, rebuilt the entire suspension in my mother's 03 accord coupe among other things with 180k and right this second doing a ridgeline for a buddy of mine with 205k, and am sitting back thinking I must have the worst luck possible. Replacing both worn out front strut mounts, everything was going smoothly, get it off the lift and the springs are "popping" while turning in both directions. Drive it around for 5 miles and it doesn't get any worse or any better. Come home from work today and redo the task, realise I put the top washer on upside down so flipped that bowl side up (the flat convex washer), put it all back together for the second time, and this time it seems that it is less drastic, but still have the bearings sticking. Can my luck be that bad to have ended up with two bad new mounts or is there a trick that I missed out of all of this? Any help is appreciated before I order more mounts tomorrow and plan on doing this a third time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I guess it was worth mentioning these were Monroe brand mounts, and a little reasearch on here showed me it was an issue with manufacturing and lucky me didn't think through rock auto it was necessary to research specific parts by specific manufacturers by specific application to see what what quality and what wasn't. At least I'm not crazy, stupid thing had me questioning my experience/skill level...thanks guys for the great site!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Sound like you may have the same issue as this
Guys- know its been awhile on this, but important update. After replacing the from mounts twice with no change, went back to Monroe who acknowledged that there was a known issue with the front mounts. They sent me a modified version right from manufacturing, but I had the same problem. Technician then told me they were moving manufacturing for that part to a new supplier and offered me a refund.
I purchased new OE complete units and they were flawless from day one.

Anyone in same position buy the OE units.
Here's the link (Need some help, new front struts...)
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112130

1 - 3 of 3 Posts