Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a problem with the LCD on the display? I have one pixel that is stuck on white and looks like a speck of dust but can't be wiped off. Also has a few specks of dust behind the screen. Kind of annoying if I spend that kind of money, but don't know what the dealer will say. Picked the rtl-e on Friday, vin 98XX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
606 Posts
Take that back to the dealer. How that got past the PDI is beyond me. Did you notice that during the test drive or did it just appear?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take that back to the dealer. How that got past the PDI is beyond me. Did you notice that during the test drive or did it just appear?
I don't know how I didn't notice it during the test drive. But as I was sitting at home messing with all the settings going through screens, I noticed it. It could have just appeared as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a dead pixel as well. I noticed it as I was putting on the screen protector. I contemplated bringing it back to the dealership, but didn't. With the screen protector on you can't see it at all. I just left it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,069 Posts
Wow. I hadn't thought about or owned an LCD screen with dead/stuck pixels in years. I'm surprised that's still an issue. Historically, most manufacturers of TVs, computer monitors, laptops, etc. have allowed for a certain number and/or percentage of defective pixels. It would be interesting to hear Honda's position on this. I'll be somewhat surprised if they replace it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just took it in today and they ordered a new radio to replace the entire thing with the dust and the pixel issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts