Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
16,062 Posts
If this is a vehicle you plan to keep for several years then yes - that's a fair price. If you think you might trade it for the next-generation Ridgeline next year or for something else then no - you'll take a huge depreciation hit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
FYI thats basically what I paid for mine over a year ago (Xmas eve, 2013).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If this is a vehicle you plan to keep for several years then yes - that's a fair price. If you think you might trade it for the next-generation Ridgeline next year or for something else then no - you'll take a huge depreciation hit.
I will most likely keep it for at a minimum of at least 6 years or so

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI thats basically what I paid for mine over a year ago (Xmas eve, 2013).
I have been running numbers thru Edmunds , Kelley blue , true car etc. all come up with numbers higher than 30500. I even put it in as used with low miles (100) and it came up with a Honda certified price of almost 32000.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm in North Carolina and trying to sell my dad's 2013 RTL with 17K miles for $34,500. Granted, it's completely loaded with every possible Honda accessory AND an extended transferable warranty, but that price sounds VERY good for a brand new RTL, even it it's a 2013 model. If you do keep your vehicles 6 years or more, you will get your moneys worth.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,410 Posts
We bought my wife's brand new 2013 RTL (no nav) a year ago last August for 31,500 with a healthy over allowance on our 2007 RTS trade in. Many dealers have hiked prices since over a year ago, so if it's what you want, buy it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oops, my bad. I mis-remembered what I paid for my 2013 RTL. It was $32K not the $31.5 you are being offered. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I paid only $28,000 for my 2009 RTL with 4 miles - no NAVI

I would offer less than that.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,410 Posts
I paid only $28,000 for my 2009 RTL with 4 miles - no NAVI

I would offer less than that.
Assuming you meant buying your RTL new, that was nearly 6 years ago! The whole "buy" thing is a combination of supply and demand, timing, inventory on hand, inflation etc. At present, finding new Ridgelines is a bit tougher so don'r think dealers aren't aware of this and price accordingly.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Assuming you meant buying your RTL new, that was nearly 6 years ago! The whole "buy" thing is a combination of supply and demand, timing, inventory on hand, inflation etc. At present, finding new Ridgelines is a bit tougher so don'r think dealers aren't aware of this and price accordingly.
It is a 2013 - not a 2014 - it really has depreciated - you can figure that Honda has reduced the cost 90 days after the 2014 were on the lots - so there is at least $4000 off the dealer cost last January. The dealer is probably paying $200/month to carry it in inventory.

He/She will want to sell it for almost any offer Kelly Blue Book or Dealer Black Book for an excellent condition 2013 RTL.

My opinion.

Yes I bought the 2009 in June 2009 new - the dealer only had 3. I had bought a 2006 RTL in 2005 and a few other cars there - so they gave me their best price.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
... all kind of depends on if you really want a G2 RL. IF you do, then you need to grab what you can get. You're really only comparing what new ones there are (precious little selection) with used models.
In those circumstances, you need to grab what you can find if it fits your desires..... you won't have much in the way of alternatives for new G1 RL.
I say if you like it, buy it..... assuming you're primary aim is to get a truck you want. If your primary goal is the "deal", then maybe there is some discussion to be had.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He/She will want to sell it for almost any offer Kelly Blue Book or Dealer Black Book for an excellent condition 2013 RTL.

My opinion.
Kelley ,Edmunds , etc. all show a price for outstanding 2013 RTL as in the range of 30,100 for private sale to 32,400 for certified .

·
Super Moderator
5,334 Posts
I bought my 2008 RTL when dealers were offering discounts in addition to the $4,000 rebate. That is the only way I could really afford an RTL model.

Now dealers (CarMax, Echopark, etc) are charging upwards of 20% more than Blue Book on used vehicles and the sad part is they will probably sell those vehicles for around 10-15% more than Blue Book.

Toyota 4Runners are especially "hot" sellers here in Colorado and to command premium prices - $1000+ over Blue Book is not uncommon. I bought my Highlander this past summer for $35,500 and trade-in value is still at $33,700-$34,200. High demand for that vehicle. I had a couple appraisals because I was seriously considering down grading because of a recent serious illness.

Ridgelines still demand quite a premium. It seems prices seem to jump a little in 2009+ models because of the cosmetic changes.

Good luck on that $30,500 offer for the brand new 2013 RTL.

Brad

·
Registered
118 Posts
If YOU think it is a fair price, and YOU like the truck, go get it. It only matters what you think for this decision. There is no reason to insult the seller by offering $10K less than they are asking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts