Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the upgraded Honda infotainment HU and am trying to get comfortable with apple car play. So far, I have mixed feelings about it. Some of my misgivings are likely just me trying to for new habits and is nothing major. Ive used Bluetooth almost exclusively for the last 5 years or so and have grown quite accustomed to the car just automatically syncing up wirelessly. I can see a lot of benefits to the much more substantial interface and function vs Bluetooth and am trying to adjust.

What I’m struggling with is how in the hell do those of you who use CarPlay keep the phone plugged in, tidy wires, and keep from sliding around and disconnecting itself? Bluetooth stays connected all the time regardless of movement and my phone can stay in my pocket. Plugging in is not big deal, in fact, it’s beneficial, but I don’t much care for the long wire and no real great space to securely put the phone.

I know there are after market phone mounts and such, but would like to avoid the added clutter the bring. Anyone use a perfect size lightning cable or have a clever set up that makes connecting to CarPlay both more functional and less haphazard looking?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Maybe I just have low expectation, but I use an Amazon Basics lightening cable that has a small velcro loop on it to shorten the cable. I place the phone in the small tray at the usb slot. It doesn’t seem to move too much.

Because I am usually using Waze when driving, I really need to plug the phone in. It drains the phone battery at a pretty good rate.

When it warms up tomorrow, I’ll send a picture 🙂

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I know there are aftermarket phone mounts and such but I would like to avoid the added clutter the bring. Anyone use a perfect size lightning cable or have a clever set up that makes connecting to CarPlay both more functional and less haphazard-looking?
Although expensive, I really like the ProClip and cable management stick-on from Amazon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Apple makes a .5 meter cable(19") that works well for keeping things tidy. I keep the phone on the console in front of the shift lever. The only drawback is that you have to unplug the phone to bring it to eye level but I live in a hands-free state so that's not an issue for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts