Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mind them, but I think the RL would look cleaner without the big door grooves.

I prefer the stock grille over the aftermarket alternatives I've seen but I think it would look better without the big H logo in the middle. If someone made a grill like this, I would definitely buy it.

My photo re-touch skills are marginal at best but I gave it a shot anyway :)

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Now that I have seen it, I like the doors like that. But still like the H in the grill. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I'll bet the grooves in the doors provide some rigidity to the door panels and were placed there for that reason.

·
Registered
89 Posts
For some reason, that frontal photo just jumps out at me and says "American Motors".:eek: Strange, huh? Maybe its just me.

I do like the cleaner look of the door.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Webwader said:
I'll bet the grooves in the doors provide some rigidity to the door panels and were placed there for that reason.
I believe you're correct Webwader, in much the same way as the fact that the hood doesn't go straight across.
...and I love the look of the accessory grill. it would be a boring world if everyone liked the same things.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
jch said:
I believe you're correct Webwader, in much the same way as the fact that the hood doesn't go straight across.
...and I love the look of the accessory grill. it would be a boring world if everyone liked the same things.
Isn't that like a toast or something? Like: It would be a boring world if everyone liked the same things. So lets drink to being different.

Something like that. Anyway, I like the way the truck is, but the plain doors just make me think it was the low end model or something now that I have the fancy doors ;). I haven't really seen my grill for a while, still trying to get all the bugs off it, so I won't speak to that :eek:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Webwader said:
actually i am pretty sure this is true.
With as big a door as we have, those grooves are there to make the door panels stronger.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think that what everyone reacts to on the side view is the horizontal thickness. It needs something vertical to break-up the huge vertical mass.
And then you throw in the small round wheela in the big square hole. Like I said before Honda's are a little ugly but they do grow on you...but so do warts:)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
In time when the rest of the world see's what a great vehicle the RL is:D , there will be several aftermarket parts around to tweek or adjust whatever changes we would like to see on our own respective vehicles. I always have modified my vehicles to stand out in the crowd, but so far the RL is the 1st that I have done nothing! I like it as is. Someday when we see 2 RL's at every stop light I may reconsider & make some cosmetic changes at that time.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Mr-J said:
For some reason, that frontal photo just jumps out at me and says "American Motors".:eek: Strange, huh? Maybe its just me.

I do like the cleaner look of the door.
American Motors?!?!? Bite your tongue or zap your keyboard.

BTW- I love the big "H" on the grill. I'm proud to drive a Honda and I want everybody to know exactly what it is in their rear-view mirror:) As far as the grill is concerned, I prefer the Honda alternative to the stock grill. The stock grill looks a little like the things you used to see on the backs of refrigerators. In fact, I think a very early review of the Ridgeline compared it to a Frigidaire. Not sure if they were referring to the grill or the overall shape.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I do wish they would have used a "pull" door handle, instead of the "lift up" ones. And when released, mine anyway, doesn't make the most solid sound.
And, on mine anyway, from the outside, when you close the doors, there isn't that typical Honda "built like a vault" sound. Close the doors from the inside and it DOES sound like the typical "built like a vault" sound. And boy, with the windows open, it sounds even worse from the outside.
Just an observation...maybe the more recent ones have tighter build tolerances...who knows? I do know that I love this freakin' truck. STILL getting challenges from the old-liners. Like they're gonna out perform this thing on the road...NOT...:D

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
If they took the groove out of the doors then a body side molding would be a must. Cannot go to WalMart or the malls with smooth doors.:rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts