Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't think you'll get anything behind the seats, probably a fibreglass box underneath but then the fact that it folds up will be useless. I'll check for some basic dimensions tomorrow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wonder where the factory sub is going to be? Center console area? I think that is where Nissan puts theirs in the Titan. Obviously that limits the size options.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
crap...well i may have to sell my stuff and get the door speakers re-done...do you know if there are speakers in the rear doors?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, I found the factory sub today, it's behind the seat in a little plastic molded box. Not much room there at all. It's about 18"x12"x4" deep

·
Registered
491 Posts
I thought that you all might be interested in the stealthbox from JL Audio. Igot the following email from JL Audio today:

Good morning Shawn,
I've been told production units will be available by July 15...maybe sooner.
Thanks,
Don Vertrees

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 12:02 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Honda Stealthbox
Importance: High

Any news on when we could expect to see a stealthbox for the Honda Ridgeline, 2006 model?

Thanks,

Anxiously awaiting,

Shawn Reeves

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not even mentioned on JL Audios site and here it is July 13th? Anyone know if we can expect to see this soon? I would really really like a stealthbox for my Ridgeline!!

~Anthony:D

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Cool. I'll replace the factory with a JL, slap a 500 WATT amp under the seat maybe? All set.
Do you know what you're talking about? You think you're going to just put a JL sub in the factory box? It will not work well - the result will probably be worse than the factory sub.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
hofffam said:
Do you know what you're talking about? You think you're going to just put a JL sub in the factory box? It will not work well - the result will probably be worse than the factory sub.
Besides the bad sound, there is no way you will get a jl sub in the factory box. They are all too deep. I found out a company who specializes in boxes for earthquake shallow mount subs is going to be making a box for behind the seat. Hopefully it will be a 10"

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The factory sub is all one piece there is no way to add something to it without destroying the box. My last inspection of the box revealed no screws around it and it appeared to be sealed. So the only way to go is to make a custom box or find something that fits.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
bongus said:
The factory sub is all one piece there is no way to add something to it without destroying the box. My last inspection of the box revealed no screws around it and it appeared to be sealed. So the only way to go is to make a custom box or find something that fits.
Actually I have one that I have taken apart and you can replace it, but would not be worth it is bottom mount which makes it even more difficult to replace. The speaker itself also has an odd shaped mounting frame and the box has some alignment pins that would need to be removed. I was thinking or replacing and then fiberglassing the box, but not worth it. Easier and better to build my own. Now I just need to decide on a speaker and get some specs.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I agree with Hofffam....you can take a 6 inch sub in a correct box and it will blow away an 10 jlaudio sub if not in proper box. Size and brand name is not what makes a sub sound good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know this sounds stupid but i got a JL W3 8 inch sub to fit in my stock sub box. I know the sound isn't as good as a wood box but i sealed it pretty well and i sealed the factory port. I've been slackin about takin pictures and i might do it this weekend.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Ridgey06 said:
I know this sounds stupid but i got a JL W3 8 inch sub to fit in my stock sub box. I know the sound isn't as good as a wood box but i sealed it pretty well and i sealed the factory port. I've been slackin about takin pictures and i might do it. this weekend.
I am impressed. I looked at dimensions and didn't think it would work. Well done. Did you bottom mount it? Or top? there is enough room for top behind the seat

·
Registered
19 Posts
I actually had to modify the stock box alittle bit. the JL is in the exact same opening as the sotck box. Had to cut out the grill and get weather stripping to seal the sub to the box. also on the inside of the box there are i guess you would call the moulding ridges? i dont really know what they are called but i had to shave the down to get it to fit. The sound is alot better than the stock sub but probably not as good as wood boxes like i said.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I mat try it after all. My plan was to fiberglass it afterward to provide some strength. Or some other way reinforce, but I think fiberglass would be best

1 - 20 of 25 Posts