Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Subwoofer/Amp install [emoji344] [emoji344]

5K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  IankHonda 
#1 ·
Hi was wondering if anyone can suggest a good link or video with sub/amp install specified to our Ridgelines for hiding cables etc.

I want to try and save some $ and do it my self.

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I did mine myself. And to be honest it wasnt hard to hide them at all. Just patience. I hide everything under the dash then down through the side took the plastic step thingy and found wire harnesses so I pretty much just ran the wires with it since there is a plastic box holding them all in. I wish I had taped all the sub and amp wire in one would have save me the time snaking them one by one.

#3 ·
Re: Will this Amp/Sub Combo fit?

So ive been searching up on a good location to mount a sub woofer on the ridge and wanted to leave space under rear seats for storage.

So after searching up how to remove back seats to remove back stock sub, would i have enough room and how would i go about mounting this type of unit?

I want to make sure before going ahead and ripping off the seats to find out if there no room or a good spot to mount it.?

here are the dimensions

Dimensions: 13.6 x 9.9 x 2.9 (L x W X H) Inches

any help would be appreciated

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockville-USS8-8-600w-Slim-Under-Seat-Powered-Car-Truck-Subwoofer-Sub-Amp-Kit/302267122985

#4 · (Edited)
Re: Will this Amp/Sub Combo fit?

So ive been searching up on a good location to mount a sub woofer on the ridge and wanted to leave space under rear seats for storage.

So after searching up how to remove back seats to remove back stock sub, would i have enough room and how would i go about mounting this type of unit?

I want to make sure before going ahead and ripping off the seats to find out if there no room or a good spot to mount it.?

here are the dimensions

Dimensions: 13.6 x 9.9 x 2.9 (L x W X H) Inches

any help would be appreciated

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockville-USS8-8-600w-Slim-Under-Seat-Powered-Car-Truck-Subwoofer-Sub-Amp-Kit/302267122985
Sorry, just realized you posted this in the G1 section....DOH!!

Attachments

#5 ·
@Jorge_Ridgeline; I recommend using the space behind the rear seat's back rest. I have two of my amps (main speakers and sub) just as @Captive8 showed. My wires run along the driver side and passenger side door trims. Oh yeah, I have sub back there too. You cant see anything when I open the doors and I can still use the interior space as designed.
The only thing that is under my seat (passenger front) is the fused power distribution block. Make sure that the lead to this distribution block has an inline fuse.

#6 ·
@Jorge_Ridgeline; I recommend using the space behind the rear seat's back rest. I have two of my amps (main speakers and sub) just as @Captive8 showed. My wires run along the driver side and passenger side door trims. Oh yeah, I have sub back there too. You cant see anything when I open the doors and I can still use the interior space as designed.

The only thing that is under my seat (passenger front) is the fused power distribution block. Make sure that the lead to this distribution block has an inline fuse.

That’s what I figured also , but this doesn’t help me with knowing where to run the battery wire and head unit wires to the back of the vehicle ?

By just guessing do the front/ back door trims just pop off so I can run the wire under there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
#14 · (Edited)
If you really want to save $$ add a small amp to the stock sub...

https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com...o-hu-boss-ce200m-amp.html?139129=#post2085193
Thanks for the suggestion Heli.

Is this the Same unit ? Because I clicked on your.link and said those boss amplifiers were discontinued..

I currently have a 2010 with a pioneer double din and looking to replace stock tweeters ..

BOSS Audio CE200M Chaos Epic 200-Watt Monoblock, Class A/B 2-8 Ohm Stable Monoblock Amplifier https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0077IA7FG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_zuIuDbGA3Z5CZ

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I have an '09 RT. Will the OEM sub woofer box fit? or is there something about the RT that it won't? With that said, would I assume that the stock box isn't soo bad? I've seen a vid with a woofer upgrade along with an amp.
It is all about your goals and what you compare it to. I'm slowly getting there and my plan for bass is removable subs. If I need to carry a lot of stuff with the seats up, I will remove all subs. Seats down with 3 people, a 10" sealed under the seat. Seats down with 2 people, a 12" behind the console. Small seat up, a 15" sub sitting there. Big seat up, an 18" sub sitting there. Both seats up, dual 15's.

All of this will be accomplished with a single amp and Speak-On quick connect speaker terminals on the boxes. The amp I have has about 2,000w on tap but I can vary the wattage output using drivers of different impedances.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.