Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I agree. I've had several cars with factory subwoofers. This setup has more punch and low-end response than any of my previous vehicles.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anyone have any tips on removing the seat to get to the sub? I haven't tried it yet, but I will have to soon. I'm planning on upgrading my entire system and am planning on mounting my amp rack in place of the stock sub.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Check the install logs in the Mobile Electronics forum. There's TONS of info.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
A powered subwoofer has its own amplifier.

A passive subwoofer does not have its own amplifier.

The Ridgeline factory subwoofer is a passive subwoofer. The factory headunit has an amplifier specifically for the subwoofer. That is a bit unusual for headunits, but not surprising for a factory unit since it simplifies manufacturing/wiring.

·
Registered
121 Posts
CSIMO: Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can anyone tell me if an RT without a stock subwoofer still has a space behind the back seat where one would go?

If the space is there I may consider adding one in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Can anyone tell me if an RT without a stock subwoofer still has a space behind the back seat where one would go?

If the space is there I may consider adding one in the future.
Yes. The space allotted for the sub-woofer is there regardless of trim level.

Basically, OEMs build all the vehicles in a model line up exactly the same, then bolt on different stuff, wrap surfaces with different materials - ETC - to up-sell higher trim levels, but the basic mechanicals are the same. Even the threaded inserts will be on the back cab wall to mount the factory sub. It's a manufacturing efficiency thing.

Anyhoo, there is page after page of info on the general topic of subs and space behind the seat on this site. Poke around, you'll find everything you need.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...&cof=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=sub+woofer&sa=Search

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,053 Posts
It's there, but in order to add a stock sub to an RT's system, you'd need to switch to the RTS/RTL 6-disc changer head unit and would also need to source the subwoofer wiring harness from Honda. You'd be way better off doing an aftermarket head unit, amp and sub.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the info. I already have an aftermarket head unit so adding a sub would not be that big of a deal. Just exploring options.

I'd prefer to keep it out of sight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the sport and it says it has a sub,but it sure doesn't sound that way. I have the sub and base turned up but doesn't sound like it's on. I've tried moving all sound to the back and even with my ear to the seat I don't hear a sub. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,401 Posts
Cuzzi, you have a GenI?? Based on your posts in the GenII "265 club" thread I assumed you have a GenII. This is the GenI section of the forum BTW . . .
The GenI Sport model does NOT have a subwoofer, nor does it have the 6 disc changer.

It DOES have stereo controls on the steering wheel which the RT model lacks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts