Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just swapped my factory sub with an 8" kicker along with a Kicker amp and now there is a horrible vibration/rattle that sounds like its coming from the drivers side rear behind the seat.

Before I remove the rear seat again and start pulling things apart I was curious if anyone that swapped the factory sub for a sub/amp has experienced the same rattle and could point me in the right direction.

Aside from the vibration/rattle the 8" Kicker RT absolutely pounds in the factory box when feed by a 400w Kicker mono amp.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
726 Posts
I noticed rattling coming from the seatbelt reel. At normal listening volumes it's not entirely audible, but it was very noticeable playing test tones during the install. I didn't do anything about it as I switched to a 10" under-seat sub anyway. Adding Noico/Dynamat may help.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You we're correct, something internal to the center seatbelt reel was buzzing like crazy. Since it's just the me and the Wife I removed the center belt and it's good to go.

I appreciate the suggestion!

·
Registered
'20 BE with upgraded stereo, skid plates, and Sprint Booster v3
114 Posts
Something else that helped for me was putting foam tape on the underside of the rear seats on the molding where the metal locking bar rests. When the rear seats are up, the metal locking bar will rattle on the underside plastic and screws. Putting the foam tape prevents that rattle.

·
Registered
2020 RTL
75 Posts
When I replaced the sub and was playing test tones the enclosure itself was vibrating like crazy at 50hz. Covering it in butyl rubber sheets tamed that down...

But yeah, the seatbelt reel buzzes like mad if its not under tension. Still debating on what to do with mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts