Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what other people have done for subs in the Ridgeline. I'm looking for something with a nice kick to it. I currently have a small 8" sub under the backseat and it's just not cutting it.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Very few 12"s would fit under the seat due to height mounting clearance.

The ones that will have the clearance of under 7", would need to be mounted up firing, since the panel to carpet distance under the seat is under 12" and most 12"s have over 12.5" OD

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a JL stealthbox and couldn't be happier. I wasn't sure I would be happy with just one sub but I have zero complaints.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i built a nice center console box with JL 8 W3 subs. Box really sounded amazing. Had to completely disassemble the center console and the box sat out almost to the dash. every thing else worked perfect. just traded my ridgeline in for a new one 14' and may be going underseat in the rear or putting this box back in.

it takes some custom work but its completely unnoticeable and hits hard

May sell but its heavy to ship

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been looking at these Sundown Audio subs and trying to learn more about designing a ported box for two 8" subs.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
7 1/2" Mounting depth sounds close to the limit for a box under the seats.

Many good subs out there, In order to get good bass you need to give them good power 250 RMS minimum and 350 plus even better. Never be afraid to overpower any sub by 1/3 or 1/2 more of the sub's power ratings, subs will never be playing at max power and if tuned properly the extra power will not be an issue.

This is a good candidate for a .5cf sealed box behind the rear seat.

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-10-subwoofers/sb-acoustics-sw26dac76-4-shallow-10-subwoofer-4-ohm/

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have 2 8" Sundowns SD-2's in a custom ported box tuned at 32hz that will sound and hit harder than anything I've heard in a Ridge so far.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That Tangband looks nice, but the 1 review says it requires a 1.25' cubed box? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that be hard to put behind the seat. Also for the same price I wonder if the MK IV would be a better buy? That thing is supposed to be amazing. Also the efficiency on that Peerless is pretty poor.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
For a sub to fit in a 3/4" MDF box behind the rear seat or factory location, it needs to have under 3" mounting depth

The BM MKVI is a 12" sub, too bad no 10" version is available.
This sub has a 3.5" MD and it will need a box 13.7" tall for the 12.75" OD it has. Maybe a fiberglass box if a 14" tall box can be placed on the factory location.

Can a box with a 4" TD and almost 14" tall fit there? I would like to know, if that was the case, we would have seen many 12" shallow subs placed there.

So far the top performers having a good chance to fit back there would be the SB acoustics already mentioned and the Earthquake SWS 10" shallow. Both work with 0.4 cf and under 3" mounting depth. The Earthquake is better and half the price of the SB sub.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice how much power are you sending to them?
P1000.1 - Precision Power Monoblock 2000 Watts Max Class D
It's a 1000 watts rms
I run it at 1 ohm. I have a guy that cam make the correct box custom fit for a decent price. Trust me these guys hit hard. When i tell people that they're only 8" woofers they don't beleive me. I research these guys for months before I pulled the trigger on them. If you need anymore info just hit me up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks I really appreciate it, did you do any type of electrical system upgrades for this? Big 3? HO alternator?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was really hoping SI would come out with a 10" version of the BM, that would be a perfect fit here. With enough work a wood box might fit, but at that point yes, a glass box might be easier. I would say the BM isn't very popular as it's a $300 sub. Not many people willing to shell that kind of money out. Personally I would if I knew 1 would satisfy my needs & wouldn't have to upgrade again for awhile.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts