Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
It's not built like that. Searh the site, there are pictures from the shop manual.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
The subwoofer is a plastic box with what looks like an 8 inch drive in it. The box is a vented design. There are other threads with pictures of a disassembled unit. It might physically be possible to replace the driver but the results are likely to be worse. Any vented (ported) subwoofer was designed around a specific driver. If you put a $100 woofer in that cabinet - the air volume, the port length, etc. will be all wrong and it will not work well.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
shovelhd said:
It's not built like that. Searh the site, there are pictures from the shop manual.
Wow, how did you manage to post an answer for Ridge Patrol's question at the same as he posted?? you're good!!:)

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Yes, I am. :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Wow, how did you manage to post an answer for Ridge Patrol's question at the same as he posted?? you're good!!:)
You know that it is, just like you his keyboard talks to him, and some times for him. Therefore he just knows when there is a question where he has the answer and instantly posts a response before the rest of us even see it. Sort of spooky isn't it?

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I hear voices.

I see dead people.

:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Does anyone know if the head unit for the RT has a subwoofer 'out' jack? The RT comes with the single disk 100 watt head unit.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
The single disc is just like the 6 disc in that regard. All individual speaker outputs, including the sub, are high level (powered) outputs. The only low level outputs are Left and Right. No Front and Rear (LF, RF, LR, RR) information at all.

·
Registered
333 Posts
So the OEM sub is powered from the head unit.
Are you saying the single-disc unit also has a high-level sub output?
I found another thread where it is suggested that there is another separate amp mounted somewhere for the sub. Haven't found any other confirmation, however.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
It is powered by the head unit. No amp inside the sub.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts