Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so recently my truck started to leak oil in large quantities. It had a minor oil leak before getting the water pump, timing belt, timing tensioner, serpentine tensioner, and serpentine belt. But that was like a drop or two only after long road trips. Now it needs a quart or half a quart every 4 days and leaves a coaster size puddle of oil, while coating the underside of the transmission housing to the gearbox. I am suspecting bad rear seal near the flex plate? I removed the cover which was holding a lot of oil, but am also a bit disturbed about the stress fractures on the transmission housing...I've had this RL since 2006, and it is a 2006 RTL with 133k miles on it. The engine runs perfectly fine, smooth, and no loss of power. Ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Clearly appears to look like the rear main seal. Those hair line cracks(Not really cracks) are not a big deal at all on the transmission case. Very common and will not cause you a problem at all.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,576 Posts
See if the oil is leaking from the top and traveling down. Lots of times the leak is assumed to be the rear main seal, when it is a valve cover gasket. I am not saying that it is in this case, but worth looking at the motor top down.

It is a 2006 and it gets driven so I would say if it indeed the rear main seal, nothing to be surprised about.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,513 Posts
Reactions: mcmanut01
1 - 5 of 5 Posts