Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Illuminated scripts on radio,nav unit & climate controls
(A real bugger to push any button at night w/o using map lights)
2) Illuminated red hazard button (Again, invisible at night)
3) Raised door pockets (Almost impossible to reach in while driving with
driver's seat in raised driving position)
4) Smaller gearing on electric seats (Way too sensitive to find perfect posi)
5) Over sensitive throttle on start (Re-programming?)
6) Differentiate driver's side window switch (Raised/indented button as with
german cars so that left rear window does not open in error; requires
taking eyes off the road to select proper switch)
7) Illuminated glove box (Please......)
8) Nicer looking mags (I could live with 17'' but, their design.....)
9) Xenon lights as an option (Let us decide)
10) Re-design dead pedal (Angle is all wrong)
11) Reduce delay on visual parking light blink when locking/unlocking or
use separate smaller horn (Too long of a wait to assure visual locking
and too loud of dual horns when confirming audible locking)
12) Under seat storage bin should come as standard equipment
13) Redesign side window rubber weatherstripping (Looks cheap)
14) Electric lockable tailgate
15) Incorporated turn signals on side mirrors
16) Stereo system (Allow us to decide how loud to play our music +40 units)
17) Gas cap (Flimsy plastic ball/retaining ring/strap has to go)
18) How about a storage bin/drawer (lockable) under passenger's seat?

My 2 cents (Canadian) worth.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Fix this door lock where it will open all doors when in park. My wife is plenty upset when she can't get out or when she comes back to open the back door and it's locked. This is the most madding thing about my Rideline.

Mr. Flint may not think this is a major problem but it is and it need to be fixed now not later.

Tiger

·
Registered
626 Posts
Tiger said:
Fix this door lock where it will open all doors when in park. My wife is plenty upset when she can't get out or when she comes back to open the back door and it's locked. This is the most madding thing about my Rideline.

Mr. Flint may not think this is a major problem but it is and it need to be fixed now not later.

Tiger
Hey Tiger, I hear there's a door module coming out soon that is supposed to fix this problem... the jury's still out as to whether or not people will have to pay to have it fixed... considering that this behavior is "fixed" on models made after 9/05, you'd think that they changed it because they recognized it to be a bug!

Keep your eyes peeled for the threads related to this -- I'm sure people will post when the door module becomes available.

·
Registered
479 Posts
'1) Illuminated scripts on radio,nav unit & climate controls

Are you serious? Are you talking about the buttons down the left side of the Navi? Menu, Info, Audio, Zoom etc? OMG, I can't believe this. :mad:

I remember when Detroit (Chrysler I believe, Intrepid to be specific) came out with iluminated window switches. Even though they probably weren't first to do it, I was pissed they beat Honda to it. :( Now, Honda has gone backwards. I mean jesus, these buttons are dead center in the middle of the dash! I don't remember EVER seeing a Honda with non-iluminated controls in such a highly used area.

Really?! Even the fresh/recirc air buttons are not lit? You gotta be kidding! :mad:

SURELY the damn radio buttons are iluminated!

OMG It's these are the little things that drive me nuts. And at the same time, it's the little things Honda usually thinks about that impresses me.

Oh well. I second this. :rolleyes: But somebody please let me know if I am reading this wrong.

fins

·
Registered
201 Posts
Andy-Montreal said:
1) Illuminated scripts on radio,nav unit & climate controls
3) Raised door pockets (Almost impossible to reach in while driving with
driver's seat in raised driving position)
4) Smaller gearing on electric seats (Way too sensitive to find perfect posi)
5) Over sensitive throttle on start (Re-programming?)
6) Differentiate driver's side window switch (Raised/indented button as with
german cars so that left rear window does not open in error; requires
taking eyes off the road to select proper switch)
7) Illuminated glove box (Please......)
8) Nicer looking mags (I could live with 17'' but, their design.....)
9) Xenon lights as an option (Let us decide)
10) Re-design dead pedal (Angle is all wrong)
11) Reduce delay on visual parking light blink when locking/unlocking or
use separate smaller horn (Too long of a wait to assure visual locking
and too loud of dual horns when confirming audible locking)
12) Under seat storage bin should come as standard equipment
13) Redesign side window rubber weatherstripping (Looks cheap)
14) Electric lockable tailgate
15) Incorporated turn signals on side mirrors
16) Stereo system (Allow us to decide how loud to play our music +40 units)
17) Gas cap (Flimsy plastic ball/retaining ring/strap has to go)
18) How about a storage bin/drawer (lockable) under passenger's seat?

My 2 cents (Canadian) worth.....
Um, you might want to take your RTL in and have them fix this, my radio, climate control, etc. buttons all light up (1). And so does my hazard button! (2). I can't imagine this would be different for the CA models?? I'm with you on 8, 9, 11, 14 & 18!

·
Registered
254 Posts
1. All of the controls are illuminated at night. If yours are not illuminated, you must have a malfunction. Do you have the illumination control turned off?
2. Hazard Button: ditto – read above. This is a FMVSS requirement.
7. Glove Box Lamp: ditto – it is illuminated when the lights are on.
9. HID lamps are annoying on vehicles that have headlamp centerlines high off the ground.
10. The dead pedal is engineered to interact appropriately in the event of a crash. The angle and position was optimized for comfort, to match the accel pedal.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Okay, I may be wrong on this, but maybe you have day time running lights in Canada? If so, maybe they come on at night, and the guages light up automaticly? Perhaps you still have to turn on the light switch to get the dash lights to light up? Alot of the rental cars I drive are like that. The headlights and guage lights come on automaticly, but they are only on because of the DRL option.

I am at a loss here. If it's not the DRL, it seems like a bizzar malfunction, or evenmore bazzarr diference in maufacturing between USA & canadian models. :confused:

Let us know!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
1) Move Cruise control on/off switch to steering column (like the Ody)

2) Vanity mirror for driver visor

3) Rear defrost for the back window

4) A 'mute' button on steering column for audio controls (you know, when you have to talk on your cell phone.....not driving, of course.... ;) )

5) 'Miles to empty' gas reading

6) An outlet plug inside the console (i.e. cell phones) and on the bottom rear for back seat passengers (i.e. games, video, etc)

7) Pull up sun screens for rear doors (like the Ody)

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. All of the controls are illuminated at night. If yours are not illuminated, you must have a malfunction. Do you have the illumination control turned off?

Guys, I've tried everything short of taping a flashlight to the dash to get the controls to light up thinking that they may be of the luminous type. Nothing lights up....not even the glovebox light (If there actually is one there)

Since the truck is new, I never really figured out that it may actually be a malfunction. I've tried reading the fuse description on the fuse boxes (All three of them) and nowhere is it mentioned about dash lights.

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
201 Posts
meanmachine19 said:
1) Move Cruise control on/off switch to steering column (like the Ody)

2) Vanity mirror for driver visor

3) Rear defrost for the back window

4) A 'mute' button on steering column for audio controls (you know, when you have to talk on your cell phone.....not driving, of course.... ;) )

5) 'Miles to empty' gas reading

6) An outlet plug inside the console (i.e. cell phones) and on the bottom rear for back seat passengers (i.e. games, video, etc)

7) Pull up sun screens for rear doors (like the Ody)

Ditto on these. But I've got one more. Why don't they make the sunroof auto close like the driver's window? It's real annoying to pull in somewhere and have to sit there holding the button until it's closed!

The DRL is an interesting possibility for the dash lights. But if you've checked everything, take it in. Those buttons definitely should light up.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just read somewhere in another post that the buttons on the steering wheel also light up (Nav-equipped models). Now I'm really pissed!

This afternoon, I pulled every single fuse out of the three fuse boxes and all were o.k. The only thing that I can think of is the remote car starter guy who the dealer used to install one for me. The slob left a few ty-rap trrimmings under the rubber mat and a hanging on/off valet switch next to the parking brake pedal. I'm sure he buggered something up in there. At least it's their problem and not mine. I learned this lesson from a previous truck that I owned when I had a local car stereo shop install one for me. Now I get the dealer to worry about unit incompatibility and human incompetence.

I called up the dealer and made an app't for Thursday. I'll keep all posted!

·
Registered
6 Posts
2007 Ridgeline Suggestion

The frosty nights are here. I can tell not having a rear window defrost is going to be a problem. Should be standard equipment here in the Great White North!!!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Suggestions for '07 Ridge **UPDATE**

I'm pissed..... Since my last post, I brought my Ridge back to the dealer to inspect and repair the illumination-less dash & glove-compartment lighting.
This Thursday, it will make one week that I am "Ridge-less". With about 600 miles on the clock, the truck is in pieces (literally) with every possible wire hanging out of every possible orifice in the dash as well as hood compartment.

Unfortunately, it was not the remote starter that was causing the problem as it was removed entirely from the circuit.

The underhood fusebox has been replaced and still no lighting. The dealer's technician has been on-line with Honda Canada's tech assistance and now they're talking about getting a Honda engineer to come out and look at it since they've checked everything else without any luck. It'll probably be a miracle if I get the truck back without any dash rattles.

Albeit, the rental Toyota Echo has been running flawlessly.......

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts

Andy-Montreal said:
I'm pissed..... Since my last post, I brought my Ridge back to the dealer to inspect and repair the illumination-less dash & glove-compartment lighting.
This Thursday, it will make one week that I am "Ridge-less". With about 600 miles on the clock, the truck is in pieces (literally) with every possible wire hanging out of every possible orifice in the dash as well as hood compartment.

Unfortunately, it was not the remote starter that was causing the problem as it was removed entirely from the circuit.

The underhood fusebox has been replaced and still no lighting. The dealer's technician has been on-line with Honda Canada's tech assistance and now they're talking about getting a Honda engineer to come out and look at it since they've checked everything else without any luck. It'll probably be a miracle if I get the truck back without any dash rattles.QUOTE]

Sad. I know how it must feel to have your brand new Ridge tore apart.

I try to fix things myself and only take it back to the dealer as last resort. Two days after I got my truck home from having the factory hitch installed I found a mini-relay laying under the hood. Thankfully they gave me the 9 page installation manual and schematic. Found out it belonged way up under the dash. It was the relay for the charge circuit on the B+ pin of the rear 6 pin trailer socket. Wasn't easy to install it but I learned alot. Also fixed the sticking/impossible to open "not an ashtray" cover. That was easy.

Good luck. Hope it all gets but back together properly. I would want a new truck. :(

·
Registered
536 Posts
Regarding the dead pedal... I thought it was only me, but the angle and shape is all funnny.

I think there is 100% agreement on the door locking bug "feature" in this forum.

I also have problems with the locking trunk. You unlock the trunk, open it, place items in it, close it and walk to to get in the truck and the truck has already locked itself.

I would like to see the shape of the side mirrors changed. Right now the bottom corner closest to the truck is missing on the mirror. This is the best place to put an aftermarket parabolic mirror and with the blind spot caused by the C pillar and the really annoying rear seat head rests....

·
Registered
3,056 Posts

Andy-Montreal said:
The underhood fusebox has been replaced and still no lighting. The dealer's technician has been on-line with Honda Canada's tech assistance and now they're talking about getting a Honda engineer to come out and look at it since they've checked everything else without any luck.
I tried my best to find this thread yesterday. I found a post on another forum where there was a bad fusebox causing this same problem...

...oops, just noticed your user name. Looks like you're the same person from the other forum. Nevermind...

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

swampler said:
I tried my best to find this thread yesterday. I found a post on another forum where there was a bad fusebox causing this same problem...

...oops, just noticed your user name. Looks like you're the same person from the other forum. Nevermind...
Steve, I'm looking for all the help I can get...wherever I can find it.

It seems that my problem is an isolated one that no other Ridge owner has experienced. I have no other problems with the truck (Windshield noise, rattling speaker covers, sticking tailgate,etc...) with the exception of an odd coolant smell whenever I turned on the heat. Then again, I only had the truck for about 10 days in the last three weeks....

Honestly enough, if they can't fix the problem this week, I'm asking for a new truck. The bugger is all the install time spent on installing the numerous Honda OEM accessories that would be required to re-install same. Thanks for the heads up anyhow.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
How about mud guards with a smooth surface on the inside that will not collect mud?

1 - 20 of 119 Posts