Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can confirm that the Honda website is wrong, at least in the case of my RTL.

My 2021 RTL does, in fact, have the Two-Position Driver's Seat Memory.
I thnk you also have cross traffic on the RTL from what I see in the showroom - can you confirm ?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Having no experience with the G1 Ridgeline, I believe that the 2019 has been the best model year? Well, for us it appears that way anyways.
1) By 2019 most of the bugs that plagued the earlier G2 Ridgeline had been vanquished.
2) It was the last year that a Ridgeline could be had for under $30,000, (if you could find one!)
3) It was the last year in which you could purchase a Ridgeline without nanny controls.
4) Last year for the shift lever.

What am I missing?

Bill

·
Administrator
20,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Depends on what you mean by "best". The 6-speed transmission was still a trouble spot with the 2019. The headlights on the upper trims got worse for 2021. One could say 2020 was the "best" model year.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Depends on what you mean by "best". The 6-speed transmission was still a trouble spot with the 2019. The headlights on the upper trims got worse for 2021. One could say 2020 was the "best" model year.
2020 surely seem to have the least issues considering SBs and recalls, gotta agree to that. But the extra cost, lack of choice with nanny controls, and the push button tranny, would have been enough to cause us to pass on purchasing today.

As far as the 6-speed tranny issues, ours still is trouble-free at 25,000 miles, but we're going to be starting to make 2,000 mile trips towing a heavier cargo trailer a couple of times a year across the Cascades and Rockies?
Bill

·
Registered
2021 Black Edition AWD
47 Posts
One month into ownership of a BE, black on black, The worst thing noticed so far were high beam headlights. Useless, weak, and almost amber in color. Corrected with XenonDepot led super pro bulbs. Two questions... Does anyone know if there was a change in brakes between the 20 and the 21? Are rotors and calipers identical? Also, what is the thread size of the engine oil drain plug,, Is it
14 x1.5? Does anyone know? Thanks

·
Registered
855 Posts
2017–19 Ridgeline: Alarm Goes Off Intermittently TSB 21-055

SYMPTOM
The vehicle’s factory security system will sound off intermittently when the vehicle is parked, and the system is armed.

POSSIBLE CAUSE
An internal failure within the Keyless Access/TPMS Control Unit

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,705 Posts
Slowly but surely they are catching all the bugs it appears. Maybe we'll see one yet for the water intrusion problems.
It has been almost 4 years since the G2 came out, and we already had the MMY refresh. How long do you think the water intrusion has to continue till a TSB or documentation is worked out?
Given the fact it seems to be a body seam 'oversight', can owners who have not experienced it (or have) can circumvent additional hassles (as @zroger73 experienced) at the dealership, by doing this at their home?

·
Registered
2021 Black Edition AWD
47 Posts
It has been almost 4 years since the G2 came out, and we already had the MMY refresh. How long do you think the water intrusion has to continue till a TSB or documentation is worked out?
Given the fact it seems to be a body seam 'oversight', can owners who have not experienced it (or have) can circumvent additional hassles (as @zroger73 experienced) at the dealership, by doing this at their home?
Great idea! An illustration of where the leaks occur, and a little info on how to access this area, and I'd be willing to check this out myself on my 2021BE I have no leaks at this point that I know of, but really have not been in much rain yet.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Ponder these facts: In calendar year 2021, January started with 2020 model year until the 2021 was announced in mid January 2021.

2021 MY lasted until September 2021 when the 2022 MY was announced.

·
Administrator
20,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Safety Recall: 2021 Ridgeline Second Row Center Seat Belt Replacement

BACKGROUND
The automatic locking retractor (ALR) function on the second row center seat belt assembly may improperly deactivate. If the seat belt webbing is pulled out to the end and the ALR deactivates, the seat belt webbing can retract or extend freely, preventing proper child seat restraint with the seat belt. ALR deactivation does not comply with the requirements of FMVSS 208, Occupant Crash Protection, increasing the risk of injury to the child seat occupant.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign. Do an iN VIN status inquiry to make sure the vehicle is shown as eligible. Some vehicles affected by this campaign may be in your new or used vehicle inventory. Failure to repair a vehicle subject to a recall or campaign may subject your dealership to claims or lawsuits from the customer or anyone else harmed as a result of such failure. To see if a vehicle in inventory is affected by this safety recall, do a VIN status inquiry before selling it.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the second row center seat belt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 Black Edition [Nov 24, 2021] - Traded 2017 B.E. [Sept 23, 2016]
777 Posts
Gonna be honest. I didn't have a lot of time to comb through everything bit by bit, and I wanted to, but very little time. Just traded in the 2017 BE for a 2022 BE, here are some noticeable changes that happened somewhere in time. Just picked it up.

a) The auto dimming mirror can now be shut off. That was one of my original complaints with the 2017 that if you have hang tags (e.g. Handicap or business) it affects the sensors on the back and will dim too dark when not needed. There was no way to disable the auto-dimming feature before.

b) There is now a front windshield heater. It is engaged on the lower left button panel.

c) Subtly different rims, this might be a 2021 thing with the introduction of more aggressive tires. They still put on the ugly-ass chrome Wheel-Lock nut instead of black to match (I think that is a dealer action, though). Cabin is 1db louder (I used an audio loudness meter comparing the same road) and noticable., probably from the above tires.

d) I'm not sure about this at all, but I didn't have an underbody cover over everything, but I just installed the side-steps and saw that the 2022 has a giant light-aluminum protection sheet. I have to look again, I’m not too positive about that… it was getting dark and the truck was not lifted.

e) I swear the seatbelt material is thinner too. I think it helps with retracting the belt though.

f) As for the Hard Toanneau Cover (not the vehicle itself, not for your list): The tailgait lip seems a couple milimeters less tight to the cover seal, and it really feels like the back of the cover could leak now. Which is odd, because the seal was too tight on the 2017 and sometimes was tough to open. The handles for the OEM hard tonneau cover are subtly different, and really feel cheap now. They are no longer round’sh, solid and ridged like the old ones. They are hollow and smooth.

g) Also, not for the list, I noticed the seatbelt warning alarm (chirp) is distorted, sounds stupid, but I'm just used to the 2017. The probably are using a cheaper mini alarm-driver, nothing worth you including in your list, either.

h) First drive out of the dealer drive, I bottomed out the front air-dam on the driveway incline. I could never do that with the 2017, so I wonder if it is lower now with less clearence? That is what I hated about the Acura TL, Honda did terrible with clearance and it would scrape every tiny incline.

That's all I notice so far. Will write more observations as I notice them.

Cheers

·
Administrator
20,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
g) The seatbelt warning alarm (chirp) is distorted, sounds stupid, but I'm just used to the 2017. The probably are using a cheaper mini alarm-driver, nothing worth you including in your list, either.
This affected all three of my 2G Ridgelines - 2017, 2019, and 2021. I discovered that if I press the instrument cluster lens on my 2021, the cheap-sounding resonance stops. I never tried this on my previous Ridgelines since it sounded like a "loose speaker" inside the cluster. This minor annoyance somewhat sours the user experience.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,142 Posts
61 - 80 of 86 Posts