Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find a good quality sun shade cut to fit the G2 models? (Like Covercraft, etc)

Will one cut for a 2016 Pilot fit the 2017 Ridgeline?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Would love to see pictures or a video and hear your thoughts once you test it out. A sun shade is the next thing I'd like to buy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyone find a good quality sun shade cut to fit the G2 models? (Like Covercraft, etc)

Will one cut for a 2016 Pilot fit the 2017 Ridgeline?

Thanks

I got mine from the dealer, the one they use for Pilot with sensor sun shade. Fits my BE perfectly.

·
Registered
90 Posts
We've had a HeatShield on the HR-V for the past year and love it, so I immediately ordered one for the RL.

Here's the link to the version with the sensor. If you have the non-sensor windshield, be sure to get the other version.

Their shades are custom fit, and fill the entire windshield like a glove. Mine fits so well, it's not even necessary to fold the visors down to keep it in place.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
We've had a HeatShield on the HR-V for the past year and love it, so I immediately ordered one for the RL.

Here's the link to the version with the sensor. If you have the non-sensor windshield, be sure to get the other version.

Their shades are custom fit, and fill the entire windshield like a glove. Mine fits so well, it's not even necessary to fold the visors down to keep it in place.
+1 on the Heatshield. Great product and they don't only do cars, but also boats and airplanes.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Is the HeatShield w/sensor for the Honda Sensing on the E and BE?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I didn't see them available for the side windows. While parked at work, the passenger side is facing south all day. At home it is the windshield faces south for art of the day and the house blocks it the rest of the day.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I couldn't tell by their site, do they roll or fold when not in use?
From the site FAQ:

"We suggest you store the HeatShield rolled up - NOT folded. Folding the HeatShield could compromise the integrity of the material and may cause premature wearing."

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm hoping Covercraft releases their sunshade soon. I had one for my last car and it fit amazingly well and looked far better than the "aluminum foil" types.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry, what "sensor" are you referring to?
The sensor is the extra camera dingus next to the rear view mirror used for ACC and lane keeping assist, I think. Like an extra side-car brick next to the mirror just to the passenger side of the mirror mount.

The "sensor" version of the shade is cut out a bit extra in this area to fit around that extra piece.

·
Registered
94 Posts

I agree the shade looks good but I'm having trouble with the $18.53 shipping cost for a $39.00 sun shade. I'm going to look for other options

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just to follow up on the Covercraft sunshade - I emailed their support and they indicated that the 2016 Pilot sunshade is the model that is used for the 2017 Ridgeline (Part No. UV11413).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Heatshield. Local dealer had them in stock. This one is for RL models with sensing. I've been using them for many years and they fit windshields perfectly.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 128 Posts