Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was somewhat disapointd that the vehicle only comes with one visor on each side. My Taurus had two; incase you needed the visor not only on the wind screen but on the passenger window. Anyone have any thoughts on the aftermarket?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Of all my years of driving, I've never needed a visor down on the windshield and door window at the same time. I've had the situation where I needed to move it back and forth...which for some can be a hassle. I just do not see a need to for two visors...do others agree? :cool:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
My '97 F150 has 2 visors and I use them a lot, especially now that I'm at my new job. The road is somewhat winding, but mostly east/west, so the sun is continually shifting between the front and side window. So, yes, I would have preferred the dual visor on the RL.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
bongus said:
Of all my years of driving, I've never needed a visor down on the windshield and door window at the same time. I've had the situation where I needed to move it back and forth...which for some can be a hassle. I just do not see a need to for two visors...do others agree? :cool:
Had the double visors on my Expedition, never used them once in the 8 years I had it. I'm sure some might like it but it was just a waste for me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have driven around in work vans for over 20 years. Never had a double visor. Somshow, now I'm feeling cheated.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think it all depends on if you wear sun glasses when you drive.

I like the second sun visor and better yet retractable sun shade. because when I swing the visor 90 degrees, I have to dip my head for one second and take my eyes off the road. This can be a hazard.

In S. Cal, a lot of cars have very dark tints.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Blue said:
I think it all depends on if you wear sun glasses when you drive.
I think it more depends on the time of day you drive. Driving straight into the sun, morning and night like I do, regardless of sunglasses (which I wear), makes good use of the visors.

L

·
0 Posts
Maybe it's what side of the country you live on. Did you notice that those who like it and use it are all in the east and those who never used it are on the west, all but 1? Hmmmmm......must be a East/West thing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love this truck.

But the only minor, minor disappointment I have is that there is not a lighted mirror on the driver's side visor. Went to Kragen's, and the mirrors they had seemed to be substandard.

I understand that the 07 RLs have a lighted mirror on the driver's side visor, and I was wondering what would prevent me from buying just the '07 driver's side visor from Honda and making a switch?

Just wondering, has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not so disappointed that there are not two visors, but I am quite disappointed that there is not a retractable portion so that the visor covers the entire side window since I drive with the seat all the way back. It is almost useless to me when the sun is at 90 degrees when driving (design flaw). I just don't understand how the manufacturers don't realize that the visor must cover the entire side window for taller drivers. This should actually go to "Dear Honda" as it is dangerous :mad:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
LadyRidge said:
Maybe it's what side of the country you live on. Did you notice that those who like it and use it are all in the east and those who never used it are on the west, all but 1? Hmmmmm......must be a East/West thing. :rolleyes:
Not so. I live in the Greater Los Angeles area and my older car has the retractable inner visor that is so practical when driving in rush hour (make that rush "four" hour(s)) traffic. So if not an inner visor then a second visor over the door window would be appreciated.

This lack of detail was one of the minor negative things I noticed about the RL.

Other issues; memory seat, memory outside mirrors, light sensor for the headlamps, tailgate is open alarm

But don't get me wrong, I still love my RL.:) But I would have paid more to get some of the small things right the first time.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Hmmmm... come to think of it... I've yet to use my sunvisors. Except when I park it and then use them to hold-up my sunscreen that I prop-up on the dash to keep the interior cool.
But then again... I DO have 5 pairs of sunglasses stashed here and there in the various cubbies. :cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Switched out my driver's side sunvisor last weekend to a new 2007 sunvisor with a lite vanity mirror (wasn't that hard). Wife wanted this option!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Nicholas said:
Switched out my driver's side sunvisor last weekend to a new 2007 sunvisor with a lite vanity mirror (wasn't that hard). Wife wanted this option!
Can you give a detailed description of the install...pics would help as well. TIA:cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sorry guys, home computer is down due to a "virus" but should be back up and runnibg soon. On my visor installation I took off the new clip in harness plug and butt spliced the wires into two wires from the overhead reading lamps. You only need to remove the old visor and the center overhead light consol and then "fish" two #16 wires from the overhead light consol to the hole for the sunvisor mounting hole. Really not that bad! Hope this helps?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Nicholas said:
butt spliced the wires into two wires from the overhead reading lamps.
Thanks for the update. I had another question. Which two wires did you splice. Please describe color and to which wire they connect to on the the new sunvisor. TIA.:cool:

·
Registered
142 Posts
i personal never use the sun visor on any of my old rides. i'm on the road about 7-8am driving toward the rising sun on the I-5 South freeway five days a week! i use sunglass when i drive! love my sunglass! oh, I plan on tinting my driver side and passanger window very dark...i know its illegal in SoCal...but oh...this is something new i'm going to do for my new ride! i'll be taken picture late October :D

i wish you luck...oh, btw..it is possible to purchase the '07 sun visor for your '06 truck now :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts