Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed, after either washing the Ridge or driving in rain with the sunroof popped up, it makes a gurgling sound? I'm wondering if this is a drainage problem or something like that.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It sounds to me like you are hearing the water drain from the water traps that are built into pretty much all vehicles. This are typically located near the base of the front windshield and along the edges of moon/sun roofs.

If you are not experiencing water in any unusual places, you are probably okay.

Take a glass full of water and pour it along the base of the windshield or around the edges of an open moon/sun roof. Wait just a little bit and if you notice some water dripping from underneath the vehicle then the drains are working properly. If you don't and the water is pooled up at the base of the windshield or along the edges of the moon/sun roof you have a clogged drain.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think you should let your mother in law out and the noise will probably go away.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks nevadagarth! I'll give that a try this weekend.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bringing back this old thread.....When I had my RL at the dealer the last time, I ask them to check this gurgling sound, and their reply was "This is normal, it does this on ALL Ridgelines". My reply should have been "This is substandard, as I know of no other vehicles that do this".

Has no one else not noticed this sound?

BTW, the sunroof does seem to drain properly, however.

·
Registered
181 Posts
LeXRidge I notice this gurgling for the first time the other day while going through the car wash. I was alarmed at first, but after feeling all around, felt no water, so figured it was alright. I had just closed the moon roof prior to going into the wash so thought maybe I hadn't closed it all the way or something, but that wasn't the case either. Well, it's not just you hearing it! I'll see if it happens again next time.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Like others have said.....i'm sure it is just draining......just got my RL tonight in a bad rain storm and i heard the same thing. I know my drains are not clogged:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts