Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Not sure how well those would work as the Ridgeline moonroof has a built in deflector. This pops up as you open the roof. I very seldom drive with my roof open anyway so I am not sure how good the built in one is but since Honda also sells an accessory probably it isn't that great. You might want to take a look at the Honda part and how it installs to see if this aftermarket one might fit.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I have the Honda one as it was free. Took it off a while back to clean and wax the area that cannot be reached with it on. Haven't decided if I will put it back on, but it is real easy. Never thought the things were needed personally.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My experience has been that the "deflector" on the moon roof vibrates like a violin string at freeway speed. It probably does its intended duty of deflecting rainwater while closing the roof; it just has problems of its own. Why on earth would Honda sell a roof deflector as an accessory if they didn't anticipate a need?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Mine never vibrated. Try tightening the screws on top, remount properly, or rermove it.;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have a sunroof and opted to not add the deflector. It is way too big- covers up a good portion of the opening- kinda defeats the benefit of have a sunroof. Keep in mind that you also lose a little bit of opening since the inside cover stops short of the backside of the opening.

I'll deal with a little wind noise/turbulence if I open the roof.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also thought about adding this to my RTL, but it seems as if it would cover up a lot of the view. What does it really add to the truck's functionality?

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I have the Honda Moon roof wind deflector. I did not want to put a roof rack on my Ridgeline. I am happy with mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts