Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
No. I wouldnt buy another. Matter of fact i will never buy another honda. Creaky steering input, left factory without ac working, thin and mottled paint. I dont trust the longivity of my vehicle .

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can't say for the feature spec difference of the RTL and my RTL-E. But the Ridgeline was the right truck for me. The only thing I wish Honda could have done different is offer a full size version. The rear seat area is a little small but not unusable. My 5 month old baby with backwards car seat pushes the passenger seat forward enough that normal size adults get a little cramped. My 3.5 year old kicks and pushes into my seat.... Joys of kids. My large friend (6'1" 300lbs) had his knee rubbing the dash even with the seat all the way back. I never had any issue in my Expedition with 2nd row seat space like this.

But for a midsize truck it is a lot easier to park and has some great features not offered on other trucks. The trunk is amazingly useful and the rear seats fold up to make more usable storage space.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just purchased a 2017 RTL E 3 weeks ago after driving Tacomas and Chevys. No contest on both ride comfort and driving refinement. It was a lease return with 34K on the clock. So far no issues and I love driving it. That said, I did buy an extended warranty even though it still had the reminder of the factory warranty. My wife's '06 Accord was flawless except for 2 electrical issues so with the plethora of electronics on board the Ridgeline I figure the peace of mind was worth the expense of the warranty. Looking forward to my first road trip. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
was about to buy it today, when I drove it previously I drove it on some city streets but more highway, this time I took it into more city streets, there are some big hills and I wanted to test it. On the way up the big hills it was odd, instead of going up in rpms smoothly it was uneven, small but noticeable, kind of surging. I told them that I wouldn't take it like that. The fuel pump recall hasn't been done, I imagine it's a bigger issue, maybe it's fuel injectors? Or it needs a transmission flush? Makes me want to run, sucks though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
was about to buy it today, when I drove it previously I drove it on some city streets but more highway, this time I took it into more city streets, there are some big hills and I wanted to test it. On the way up the big hills it was odd, instead of going up in rpms smoothly it was uneven, small but noticeable, kind of surging. I told them that I wouldn't take it like that. The fuel pump recall hasn't been done, I imagine it's a bigger issue, maybe it's fuel injectors? Or it needs a transmission flush? Makes me want to run, sucks though.
I would bet it being TSB 17-025 and 17-026. My 17' was doing the exact same thing. It fixed the issue.

·
Banned
16 Posts
I love the vehicle (2017 RTL-E). Had (or maybe HAVE to give it more time before I can say for sure the problem has been solved) issues with the Display Unit staying on when I use Android Auto, but I may have figured that out with suggestions from ROC members. My experience is that the company is lagging behind in Customer Service. Small things like making better use of technology to help the customer. They are far below my former dealership [I dealt with for 13yrs] in both areas. Had I known that, it would have made a difference.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Without hesitation! I’m very happy with my 2017 RTL. Only issue for me is the armrest on driver’s right side. I tried the aftermarket one that’s wider but I can’t get it installed. Anyone have any words of wisdom on that?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my '19 RTL-E last July...just 11K on the odd...except for the fuel pump cover and timing belt recalls (my timing belt was OK), it's been a great vehicle so far. Some folks may call it a "gentleman's pick-up" but it fits my needs in terms of comfort, power, quiet, size, load capacity perfectly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've read that the 2017 & 2018 Ridgelines are solid with very little problems if any at all.

I purchased a new RTLE 2018 in July 2018 and had no trouble outside of a heat shield recall that did not affect the mechanics at all but was rather a preventive maintenance procedure.

My buddy purchase a used 2017 black Ridgeline (the one just above the RTLE in September/2018 and he absolutely love his as well.

My suggestion: GO FOR IT ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just right at 30K on my 18 RTL-T. All recalls complete, Have to say If you don't need a truck but want a truck then this is the right vehicle for you. It's my 3 rd Ridgeline and I have loved all 3.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would bet it being TSB 17-025 and 17-026. My 17' was doing the exact same thing. It fixed the issue.
In addition to the above-mentioned service bulletins, don't forget that the engine deactivates two cylinders when the power isn't needed. You may have been feeling the other cylinders come on line in addition to the transmission downshifting.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts