Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
2017 RTL-T with 80k miles, did have the harness issue, but recall took care of it and no problems since! Would buy this vehicle again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have just right at 30K on my 18 RTL-T. All recalls complete, Have to say If you don't need a truck but want a truck then this is the right vehicle for you. It's my 3 rd Ridgeline and I have loved all 3.
Hi, I have a 2007 that's getting a little "long in the tooth" - a rust hole, interior kinda grungy, etc. - and my wife suggested looking for a moderately-used G2.

Having owned both, how do you like the G2 vs. G1? Haven't driven one yet, but it looks like it sits lower....could be an illusion. Also, I've hauled a lot of miscellaneous stuff in my G1 - dirt, landscape blocks, appliances, riding mowers, etc. - and am wondering if I'll miss the higher forward bed wall.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hi, I have a 2007 that's getting a little "long in the tooth" - a rust hole, interior kinda grungy, etc. - and my wife suggested looking for a moderately-used G2.

Having owned both, how do you like the G2 vs. G1? Haven't driven one yet, but it looks like it sits lower....could be an illusion. Also, I've hauled a lot of miscellaneous stuff in my G1 - dirt, landscape blocks, appliances, riding mowers, etc. - and am wondering if I'll miss the higher forward bed wall.

Thanks.
I was a proud owner of a 2006 RTL and recently traded it in for a 2017 RTL-T with 50k miles on it. Like you, my G1 was aging (gracefully, I would say), and I was offered a better price for it than I thought so, I made the move to the G2. I go back and forth between 2 cars and neither vehicle gets tons of miles (I live less than 4 miles from my home to work...one way). I read something in this thread which I thought was a good summary of the Ridgeline, "If you want a truck but don't need a truck, the Ridgeline is for you." This basically sums up how I use the Ridgeline, maybe a couple times of the year, I visit the dump or location donation center after one of my wife's "spring cleaning" events. The only time it sees dirt is when I go camping with my kids (usually 4 times a year) and this is at a maintained campsite.

After a few days with the used 2017, I'm happy I made the switch. The interior is much more refined on the G2. To me, the G1 seems to have a bigger cabin and you do feel like you sit up higher. However, for me the G2 is more comfortable. When I drive the Ridgeline, I'm usually alone except for the very few occasions that I mentioned in the prior paragraph. Of course, I've only had my G2 for a short time compared to my old G1 which I had for a little over 14 years. I recommend a test drive and you can make your decision after that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a G1 bought used with 55k. I put nearly 100k on it. Very few issues and those were small. My wife and daughters would borrow it and each would smash in one corner of the truck and wife smashed center back. Nothing major but all four corners dinged up, chipped dented and back the same. Was time for new truck/car/suv

Bought a 2017 G2 RTL-E (only the 2nd new car I have ever purchased in my life. I like the utility, have a bird dog and do some hunting with buddies. Can get 4 guys, 2-3 dogs and all gear for a full day in the field on one truck that isn't a Suburban or Crew Cab Dually monstrosity.

Like it so much I now use the G2 as my everyday business vehicle rather than driving my Mercedes E350. The truck is more comfortable, easier to drive with the electronic stuff, and gets pretty good mileage. The Benz is diesel and gets 36-38mpg, has the lux package with the shiatsu massage drivers chair and all the other BS but the RL is what I drive.

·
Registered
233 Posts
was about to buy it today, when I drove it previously I drove it on some city streets but more highway, this time I took it into more city streets, there are some big hills and I wanted to test it. On the way up the big hills it was odd, instead of going up in rpms smoothly it was uneven, small but noticeable, kind of surging. I told them that I wouldn't take it like that. The fuel pump recall hasn't been done, I imagine it's a bigger issue, maybe it's fuel injectors? Or it needs a transmission flush? Makes me want to run, sucks though.
So is it safe to assume that ibjames31 did not make a purchase?

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was a proud owner of a 2006 RTL and recently traded it in for a 2017 RTL-T with 50k miles on it. Like you, my G1 was aging (gracefully, I would say), and I was offered a better price for it than I thought so, I made the move to the G2. I go back and forth between 2 cars and neither vehicle gets tons of miles (I live less than 4 miles from my home to work...one way). I read something in this thread which I thought was a good summary of the Ridgeline, "If you want a truck but don't need a truck, the Ridgeline is for you." This basically sums up how I use the Ridgeline, maybe a couple times of the year, I visit the dump or location donation center after one of my wife's "spring cleaning" events. The only time it sees dirt is when I go camping with my kids (usually 4 times a year) and this is at a maintained campsite.

After a few days with the used 2017, I'm happy I made the switch. The interior is much more refined on the G2. To me, the G1 seems to have a bigger cabin and you do feel like you sit up higher. However, for me the G2 is more comfortable. When I drive the Ridgeline, I'm usually alone except for the very few occasions that I mentioned in the prior paragraph. Of course, I've only had my G2 for a short time compared to my old G1 which I had for a little over 14 years. I recommend a test drive and you can make your decision after that.
I drove a used 2017 RTL last week and it did feel like I was sitting lower than in my 2007 RTX, but I measured each from the ground to the driver's seat bottom and....they were exactly the same height! Weird how the feeling can be different than the reality. Good to know I wouldn't be giving up that driving position that I like.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts