Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ROC Dealer Partner
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Super Savings on Ridgeline's from The Honda Superstore!

****UPDATED 11/02/06****

Hello Everyone!!

Time for another great offer from The Honda Superstores………….

Purchase any new 2007 Ridgeline at JUST 99 CENTS OVER INVOICE!

Now the fine print!!
As always, first come, first served.
All prices are + tax, title, license and doc fees.
All Ridgelines are subject to availability, and we will try to accommodate you as quickly as we can, (RTX models to be limited availability). All purchases Must be made thru Kim, Lou and Jeff only via the internet, as no other offers or prior sales apply. Please do NOT come into the dealership and see a salesperson.

Please contact us at the address’ below for purchase information, and please include in the subject line

RIDGELINEOWNERSCLUB OFFERS!

You may contact Kim or Lou @ The Honda Superstore of Joliet at [email protected] , [email protected]

You may contact Jeff @ The Honda Superstore of Lisle at [email protected]

Thanks,

Kim , Lou and Jeff

Both stores located just outside of Chicago!

·
Registered
386 Posts
LOUANDKIM said:
Hello again everyone!

During the month of November, purchase* ANY new Ridgeline at $1400.00 UNDER dealer invoice (including destination). The only other fees we add to our sale prices are

1) $54.00 doc fee
2) $ 7.50 city of joliet vehicle tax
3) sales tax (for the following states-Az, Ca, Fl, In, Ma, Mi, Sc, Vt, as well as Il.
4) Lic.and title fee (Il only)
5) $10.00 drive away permit (out of state purchasers only)

The only other stipulation is that you deal direct with either Kim or myself via e-mail or phone, as this is an internet department only promotion.

PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE DEALERSHIP WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT, AS THESE PRICES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE THRU THE INTERNET DEPARTMENT ELECTRONICALLY!!!

If you visit the dealership without an appointment, we will be unable to offer these prices to you as these prices are offered to RIDGELINEOWNERSCLUB members only thru the internet department. Please provide us with your user name, and refer to this posting when contacting us.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Kim Tornabeni
Internet sales consultant
[email protected]

Lou Tornabeni
General sales manager
[email protected]
815-439-2222

The Honda Superstore of Joliet
only 40 minutes from downtown Chicago!
Joliet, Il

*Valid for purchases only, leases do not apply. Special lease programs for Ridgelines are available to qualified buyers.
NO PRIOR SALES OR OTHER OFFERS APPLY.
special offer valid until 11/30/05
Could you provide your address? Maybe a weekend trip to be planned? :D

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
The original post was updated tonight 7/11/6 with all-new discount offers on new '06 and '07 Ridgelines. Please check it out if you're in the market for a new truck. Lou and his crew will take very good care of you.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I will say this. Lisle Superstore goes out of there way to help... Above and beyond others! We recently picked up a pilot, $$$ under invoice (Pilot has different tier program...up to 3K) & they did it with a smile :)

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Glad to hear. I drove nearly 3 hours but I've heard of many coming long distances to buy from them. Some ask why, but to me...I only buy a vehicle every 5 years and I don't like to feel like it's not a good deal and I don't like to feel like I can't trust my salesperson or dealership. That's why I feel so good about Lou, Kim and the gang at Honda Superstore (Lisle and Joliet).

Don't get me wrong, there are many good dealerships out there, without a doubt. Many are listed on our Dealer Directory.

URL is www.hondaofjoliet.com and they are right off the interstate. Very easy to get to.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I purchased @ Honda of Joliet,

I just walked in off the street back in Jan 2006 with a newspaper ad for another dealereship advertising a RT, I told the salesman I have 4 other Honda dealerships I can go to today, you are my first, and could be the last, if we can make a deal. They met my price and then some, , under my self imposed $25,000 vehicle limit. . Since then they have been great, no problems with my RL, and service appts for oil are quick, and painless.

I would reccomend for anyone to go and buy from them. However when I was in there this past SAt., I only saw 3 Ridgelines on their lot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The dealer in Springfield Missouri I got mine from nocked 1400 of the window sticker of my 2007 without me even asking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my 2006 yesterday from the Honda Superstore of Lisle. Robin & Lee are great and easy to work with!! I flew out from Phila. and drove 12 hours home with my new Ridgeline. :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
I sent Kim a little hello note...:D

·
ROC Dealer Partner
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Super Savings from the Honda Superstores!

Super Savings on Ridgeline's from The Honda Superstore!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****UPDATED 11/02/06****

Hello Everyone!!

Time for another great offer from The Honda Superstores………….

Purchase any new 2007 Ridgeline at JUST 99 CENTS OVER INVOICE!

Now the fine print!!
As always, first come, first served.
All prices are + tax, title, license and doc fees.
All Ridgelines are subject to availability, and we will try to accommodate you as quickly as we can, (RTX models to be limited availability). All purchases Must be made thru Kim, Lou and Jeff only via the internet, as no other offers or prior sales apply. Please do NOT come into the dealership and see a salesperson.

Please contact us at the address’ below for purchase information, and please include in the subject line

RIDGELINEOWNERSCLUB OFFERS!

You may contact Kim or Lou @ The Honda Superstore of Joliet at [email protected] , [email protected]

You may contact Jeff @ The Honda Superstore of Lisle at [email protected]

Thanks,

Kim , Lou and Jeff

Both stores located just outside of Chicago!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I need to include my thanks and support here for Lou and Kim, and their efforts to make these excellent Honda deals. They are very easy to work with, very professional, and I've never had a better experience - very simple, straight forward, and easily worth a long drive to their Honda dealer in Joliet. I've never found a better car sales experience!!:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey i got a question seems like a good deal but....

What about holdback my friend the dealership still makes a chunk with holdback! The 99 cents is good because most people dont even know what holdback is.

when my brother bought his pilot he got 50 dollars above invoice and they split the holdback mind you the holdback on most vehicles is 2 to 2 1/2 percent. not trying to tear your deals apart just think eveyone needs to be informed of what dealers are all about. After all i sold cars for 6 years at same dealer and know what its like to be on salesman side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2 Cents

Bought my RTL this week and will pick it up Saturday after several options are installed. I see many working on their price by starting at MSRP and working down. I have never bought a car this way and don't even discuss MSRP on any level with a dealer.

I created an excel file and with empty lines for each of the following:

2007 Nimbus Grey RTL
Accessory and Cost to install each accessory
Taxes
Title and Fees
Total of all the above which is my OUT THE DOOR PRICE

I took this form to 6 dealers in my area and asked that they fill in their prices for each item then the total. I asked that they not change the form in any way as I would use to compare their price with all other dealers. By making no changes I could easily compare Apples to Apples.

5 of the 6 dealers filled out my form, the other said no and I immediately walked out of that dealership.

The invoice price of an 2007 RTL (No Nav) is $29,261
Destination Charges are $595
Total $30,256
Dealer Holdback is $988 so dealers final cost is $29,268

I negotiated my Ridge RTL for $29,659 which was almost $1,800 less than the next lowest dealer. This price is about 1.5% over their final cost, meaning they gave me about 40% of their dealer holdback. Most deals around here are going for between 8-10% over their final cost. I feel pretty good. For those who compare to invoice (not their lowest cost) I paid $597 less than invoice.

After negotiating the price of the truck I then worked the dealer on the accessories and installation costs. They make a decent margin here so I pressed until I got what I wanted. They gave me their final price with all accessories, taxes, title, fees etc. Once I had it I said I would get back to them. I waited two days and got the call to see how I was doing. At then end of this call they took another $200.00 off the total. At this point I had only paid $191 over their lowest cost and $797 less than invoice, and got a hell of a deal on the accessories+install.

The entire time I told the dealer I was not financing. After I signed the paperwork I then told the finance guy I would charge the entire purchase on my Discover card, this would give me back about $700 (Discover rebate of 2%on pruchases). I think they have a $2,000 limit so my cash back will amount to only $40, but hey it's still another $40 saved on this Ridge purchase.

I order some nice floor mats and a Bak Flip cover this afternoon. Nice to save some $$ so I could put right back into the Ridge.

Hope this adds positively to this thread.

Tigerbug

By the way the invoice pricing and holdback amounts came from Consumer reports and after I signed the paperwork the dealer told me it was dead on.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hello from Germany

WOW :eek: I love the way you think, when I go for my 08 RTL navi - I'll be sure to keep this process in mind. I hope they make some changes for the 08 model year! :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks,

Need to post a correction to the math. I made typo but the results are the same.

Base Invoice $29,661
Dest $595
Tl $30,256
Less
Holdback $988
Final Dealer
Cost $29,268

Options Installed
Roof Rack
Running Boards
Fog Lamps
Day/Night Mirror
Trailer hitch/Harness

Hope this clears it up.

Pick it up tomorrow.

Tigerbug

·
Registered
44 Posts
All,

I picked up my 2007 Nimbus Gray RTL (w/o Nav) about two weeks ago. Picures in the spring since it is just too damn cold right now. This was the 2nd vehicle I purchased from the Honda Superstore of Joliet. I dealt over the internet with Andrew B. and he was great. Living in the Chicago area affords me the luxury of visiting many dealerships to shop for the best price. My rule was simple...I wanted my vehicle under invoice AND the $1500 rebate. I emailed about 8 dealerships and went to 4. All were very close, but Joilet met my terms without playing any games like adding pinstriping and mud guards for an additional $300. Plus, I liked dealing with them on our Accord. I did not add any dealer options only because they all mark them up too much. It took me about 2 weeks of negotiating before I finally went to Joliet to give them the final shot, which I am glad I did. They also have a really good service department.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts