Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
ROC Dealer Partner
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone!

Here's a Super Spring Special from THE HONDA SUPERSTORES!
(valid thru May 31st, 2005)

You can purchase ANY NEW RIDGELINE we have in stock (or inbound) for only $899.00 over invoice! No gimicks, no games! We are just trying to increase our allocation of new Ridgelines! The only stipulation is your purchase MUST be completed thru either Kim, Jeff, or myself. Please identify yourself as a RIDGELINEOWNERSCLUB member when contacting us, as this offer is not available to the general public!

Currently, we have the following vehicles available for immediate delivery*!

RTS
BLACK/BEIGE
SILVER/GRAY
GREEN/OLIVE

RTL
BLACK/BEIGE
SILVER/GRAY
WHITE/BEIGE

RTL S/R
SILVER/GRAY
RED/BEIGE
BLACK/BEIGE
GREEN/BEIGE

RTL S/R NAVI
SILVER/GRAY
RED/BEIGE

*Our inventory changes daily, and we have several more Ridgelines inbound, so if you do not see the one you are looking for listed above, please feel free to contact us, and we can reserve an inbound unit for you, or try to locate one for you!

We look forward to hearing from you!

THE HONDA SUPERSTORE OF JOLIET
[email protected]
Joliet Il.
815-439-2222
630-420-7200
(only 40 southwest of downtown Chicago )

Kim Tornabeni
Internet Sales Consultant
[email protected]

Lou Tornabeni
General Sales Manager
[email protected]

THE HONDA SUPERSTORE OF LISLE
[email protected], in the Lisle Auto-Plaza
Lisle Il.
630-852-7200

Jeff Carr
[email protected]

·
Registered
646 Posts
What is invoice for an RTL S/R? Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's how they increase their allocation of vehicles--by selling more? I guess it makes sense but does that mean that dealers who are still selling at premium are getting an ample allocation? The dealer I bought from said they haven't sold an RL below retail and that I was the first one. I haven't heard of any dealers in the Western US advertising below MSRP. Wow!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't believe it when the sales guys tell me "we haven't had to sell it at xx,xxx price, you are the first". So, if they've never had to, why do it now? If demand is THAT high as they claim, wouldn't it make sense for them to tell you thanks, someone else is waiting?

Don't believe the hype.

When the demand is truely there, they stick to their guns. It's that simple.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Dealers are funny and people are stupid. Most people trade in a car when buying a new one. Dealers will discount the vehicle to invoice and I have seen below invoice then give you nothing for the trade or charge a high finance charge because people again are to dumb to know their credit scores. So when I hear I got this great deal lets compare apples to apples people.

·
ROC Dealer Partner
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as allocation goes, with Honda, all allocations are based on "turn and earn", which means that they will replace, as supply allows, vehicles sold out of your inventory to retail buyers.

Trade-ins.....the way we treat them here is we appraise the vehicle, and treat it as a separate issue from the selling price, even as far as informing customers that a local carmax can give them an unbiased, second opinion!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Carolina - Kelley Blue Book lists the following invoice prices (including destination charges)
RTL - $28,842
RTL w/ moonroof - 29,876
RTL w/ m-r & navi - $31,673

I wouldn't mind trading in my RTL w/ moonroof to get it with navi too! :D
Only have 420 miles on it!

·
Registered
362 Posts
boxsky said:
Dealers are funny and people are stupid. Most people trade in a car when buying a new one. Dealers will discount the vehicle to invoice and I have seen below invoice then give you nothing for the trade or charge a high finance charge because people again are to dumb to know their credit scores. So when I hear I got this great deal lets compare apples to apples people.
You may not have noticed but YOU just insulted every person on this forum. I guess my question to you is what's more stupid, what you said or the fact that you talk before you think? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
bellteck said:
You may not have noticed but YOU just insulted every person on this forum. I guess my question to you is what's more stupid, what you said or the fact that you talk before you think? :rolleyes:
For the most part he is correct though. People (many, not all) do some really stupid things. :eek:

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'll agree there are some uneducated buyers but to accuse all people of being stupid is a tad overboard isnt it? And to throw this conversation on a thread where T invited a dealer to post is also inapropriate.

JMHO

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have found that Consumer Reports gives the most accurate "invoice price". They take into account "Dealer Holdbacks", Rebates, etc.

Dealer Invoice Price $25,537 $27,671 $28,943 $29,976 $31,774
Dealer Incentive (Subtract) ( $0) ( $0) ( $0) ($0) ($0)
Dealer Holdback (Subtract) ( $831) ($902) ( $945) ( $979) ( $1,039)
Consumer Reports Wholesale Price:
$24,706 $26,769 $27,998 $28,997 $30,735

These are the prices for the Ridge Models (respectively) from Consumer Reports which I have found to be accurate in the past. This means that with no "add on options, packages or accessories", a "reasonable" (4-8% over the "true invoice or the C.R.W.P." price) price to pay for the RTLNAV is $30,735.00 plus 4-8%

Dealer Holdbacks are something not mentioned unless you FORCE THE DEALER TO TELL YOU!

***This means that "LOUANDKIM" should be selling you a RTLNAV for $31, 634.00 ($30,735 plus "$899.00")

If for any reason this is not correct, please list the correct invoice prices (with an explanation)????
I am only trying to inform, not offend. :)

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
ding-ding-ding!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good find RTLNAV, Ive seen so many different invoice prices I didnt know what to think.

Invoice Prices Per:
Yahoo:
24'922, 27'056, 28'328, 29'341, 31'159

Kelly Blue Book:
25'437, 27'571, 28'843, 29'876, 31'674

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do they make these up or what?

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
bellteck said:
Good find RTLNAV, Ive seen so many different invoice prices I didnt know what to think.

Invoice Prices Per:
Yahoo:
24'922, 27'056, 28'328, 29'341, 31'159

Kelly Blue Book:
25'437, 27'571, 28'843, 29'876, 31'674

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do they make these up or what?
The difference in the Yahoo! and KBB prices you are seeing is the Destination Charge of $515. Yahoo! has not included the Destination Charge and KBB has.

Since you MUST pay the Destination Charge the KBB prices are the real world price.

As for the Consumer Reports issues. Holdback is notated on the true invoice (it is not included in the invoice price... just notated on the invoice), but the dealer pays the "invoice" price that KBB has listed above. The Holdback is paid to the dealer on sold vehicles usually quarterly. I've never dealt with a dealer that will directly let you negotiate with the Holdback. I have purchased vehicles under invoice price when there were no manufacturer incentives in place, but they won't negotiate using the term "Holdback".

Even with the good deals rapidly appearing on the Ridgeline I doubt you would be able to negotiate a below invoice price (into the Holdback money).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Correct, "Supply and Demand" make it hard to save alot on the Ridge. Unless of course you know "Bellteck's" "Internet Broker". :D

However, by knowing about the "holdback amount" I have gotten a better deal on other vehicles including my CRV.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Execuse me Bellteck.
But I will stick by my broad term that people are stupid. Is it nice to say no but it's the truth. It doesn't matter how much money they have or the level of education. People buy by emotion and rarely use their head. Read my post again and maybe you'll understand it.
As far as a dealer stating prices. I don't think this forum is the proper place. My apology to the dealer that posted this offer if true.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
boxsky said:
But I will stick by my broad term that people are stupid
I take it that this includes yourself? :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts