Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK folks here is the news! Contacted CT Engineering about the prototype Ridgeline supercharger they show on Facebook and this is what they said.

Their Ridgeline supercharger produces a nice bump approx 70-80 hp, it bolts on cleanly and runs well! I shared the concern of the extra HP damaging the engine or transmission and they replied it's their experience that Honda's are built strong enough to handle the extra HP.

Just look at the photo!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...51832856930721

Here is CT Engineering's issue. Having successfully developed superchargers for many other imports including Honda, CT's concerned there aren't enough buyers to justify bringing the supercharger to market. If there are then they will consider it.

Best guess is the kit will cost $5-6K. It's a difficult kit to produce because everything you see in the photo is a "one off" design and they are unable to modify an existing system to save costs.

Here is how you get yours!

We need to form a group of 10-15 Ridgeline owners committed to purchasing a $5-6 grand supercharger kit for CT Engineering to consider a production run. Simple as that.

Now lets put our money where our mouths are!

You can contact CT Engineering to confirm your commitment at -
[email protected] and include in your title "Ridgeline Supercharger Buyer"

I would love to have one, how about you?

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
I very much doubt well get anyone to want to spend that much, that's alot for a supercharger

With that said, i would absolutely love to see a super charged rl, best of luck getting more people

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your right ddamienie, the price is a bit high compared to Toyota's Tacoma TRD supercharger kit who's msrp is $4500.00 and has been produced for years.

Thanks for your encouragement, I too want this and would gladly pay an extra $500 to $1,500 more for a custom supercharger no one else has! Our members do this all the time with stereos, rims and tires! We ultimately want to personalize our Ridgelines and set our trucks ahead of the pack!

On a positive note, CT did say their price was an estimated and projects it fall once interest, production and sales values have been realized.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Do they have a physical working model, with reported test results? Or is everything simply conjecture at this point.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This content is currently unavailable.

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Did the facebook link show the same picture you attached?

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Seems you want the Figgs hydraulic hood props with that rig. You will be opening the hood a lot to drool. :)

I wonder what that setup would do to the price of timing belt change.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aloha Rusty! I've seen your mad wheels all over this site and love what you have done!

This is for real! This an actual photo of their working supercharger and they did dyno it. When I called them out of the blue the person I got my info from didn't have the dyno sheet in front of him. They are developing several other projects and decided to tryout a Ridgeline for fun.

When I asked about buying the prototype they told me it was removed and put into a Civic racer! Yes a Civic!!!! It is sick and may even have a pair of turbos added! SpeedHunters wrote an article about it.

Here is the link: http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/06/meet-the-worlds-only-street-freak-civic/

Now tell me bruddah that you don't want one!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aloha Mitchell Gant! I called CT Engineering directly after seeing this on facebook - there in California! I ran my ROC post by them for accuracy which they approved. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts
I would love to hear/see their test results to the tranny. I'm sure the engine can take the extra forces (ok I really guess it can) but I have doubts the tranny can reliably over extended distance

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aloha K575! In all of the post regarding turbos or superchargers I've read on ROC there are always concerns about the engine or powertrain handling the extra horsepower. I knew someone would voice it so I asked them upfront about it. CT Engineering believes the performance bump will not overwhelm either in the Ridgeline. They have installed these in many imports and believe the Ridgeline is built stout enough to handle added power.

I'm not interested in racing my truck, but would love to have that extra power on tap when needed! They sound sweet too! Do you think you can make a little room under your hood and in your wallet for one?

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts
I believe that I can date anyone I want; doesn't make it so. :)

I would be real curious if CT was financially backing their product "should" and catastrophic failures occur. Will CT pay for repairs at a Honda dealership? I highly doubt it. Just so it's stated, they make some good products but I am just doubting the marriage of this one to this application for long term vehicle reliability

I already have a turbo under my hood :)

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

·
Registered
289 Posts
Keith brings up a very valid point. While ct does make good products, we are in uncharted territory with the extra power and the tranny. Speculation is one.thing, field tests are another. I really hope they can manage this though because i.personally.think a 300+ hp ridgeline would.be amazing.

May be a silly question, but is ct including a remapped ecu with the kit?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aloha Keith & ddamienie,

Thanks for your thoughts! I believe CT provides a standard warranty on their products against defects as most performance manufactures do. On the other hand Keith, I don't know of a single automotive performance manufacture whose warranty covers replacing the defective item and repair installation. Only Toyota will offer a limited warranty on their TRD Supercharger as long as they sell and install it. But then again who wants a Tacoma over a Ridgeline right?

If the concern is extending your trucks longevity, then it makes no sense adding performance enhancements which increase horsepower. I'm with ddamienie desiring extra performance in my Ridgeline!

I believe this is a fantastic chance for ROC's responsible drivers to get the extra power they crave! Who knows Keith, maybe this could temp you back into a Ridgeline!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I wonder how this compares to the one that was being pieced together in here a little while ago????

·
Registered
289 Posts
I wonder how this compares to the one that was being pieced together in here a little while ago????
Referring to the turbo setup rich is putting together?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No idea on Rich's turbo but I live in Hawaii and met the ROC member who installed a custom turbo on his Ridgeline! It was well done but cost him a fortune! I believe it was close to 10k for all of the fabrication.

Check out this link: http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/06/...t-freak-civic/

The supercharged Ridgeline engine may get twin turbos to boot!! That's way to rich for my needs but I'd like to see them pull it off! :act035:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a TRD supercharger on my '04 Tacoma. I believe I paid just a little over $2500 for the entire kit (including TRD boost gauge) and about $350 for the install.

I realize that inflation has occured since then, but Comptech is completely pricing themselves out of the market.

As well, Comptech could easily offer a pulley with less boost that only makes 50hp (yet would still offer noticable torque). Fuel mods also wouldn't need to be as drastic.

Price it around $3500 and I'd be in. But $5K+ is way too steep. For that price it had better come with full fuel/ignition mods and an ECU.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts