Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Does anyone have any other ideas where we could source a supercharger? I am stunned to find after all of these years there is so little offered in after market performance products! No superchargers, turbo kits, body kits or much in performance to beef up my rig! Arrgh!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Even with the recent surge of j35 swaps into civics, not enough of a market to make it worth it for any manufacturer.

Weird thing though, j35 has been in everything from the pilot and mdx to the rl and tl. Hell, gm even used the motor(they called it the l66) in the Saturn vue.

So that's what I never understood, no market for ridgeline, but the motor has been in other cars where there is a market

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

·
Registered
251 Posts
oooh very interesting.... Maybe if the price was closer to $3500 ish....
You would think they would promote this some, Dyno info etc & see what they get for responses.... I would possibly let them do my truck and promote it.... As long as they replace anything that breaks etc. before they gave it back to me. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was told to check out if superchargers exist for Acura RL & TL 2008 or later engines blocks because these are basically Ridgeline engine blocks. I am determined to get a supercharger on my rig! :act047:

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I'm not mistaken didn't Comptech make a eaton's style supercharger for the J32? The concern with compatibility with a supercharger is how it mates to the head/intake manifold not the block. There plenty of other issues as well.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just had a thought

There was a complete kit made for the Saturn vue, which happens to be a j35 motor. Wonder how much mods would have to be done to make that kit work

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Just had a thought

There was a complete kit made for the Saturn vue, which happens to be a j35 motor. Wonder how much mods would have to be done to make that kit work

You have to ask if they still make it, and if not, how successful was it? Did folks have problems, etc?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Appears to be still made, and on the Saturn forum, they have had the kits on for several years now. One guy has almost 75k with it on. No one reported any problems.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
We contacted CT late last year and inquired about the RL supercharger for the J series. We worked with them and they supplied us with (the second kit built ) a beautiful product. We are currently installing an AEM FIC to do the tune with. This was the second kit produced for the RL . The guys were very good to work with and we will do the SC install when we get the FIC setup completed.

We would have done it several months ago but had several other projects like our Turbo One Lap of Amreica Odyssey that took up our time so it has been sitting on the bench waiting. We have removed the motor and sent it off to ERL for a refresh and we are having M-factory make custom forged straight cut gears for the transmission so we have some time on our hands while we wait on parts to do the SC install.

They ( CT ) are good to work with and the product looks great, we can let ya know when we get it installed how it runs.

Paul Street
Honda Manufacturing of Alabama

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,234 Posts
oooh very interesting.... Maybe if the price was closer to $3500 ish....
You would think they would promote this some, Dyno info etc & see what they get for responses.... I would possibly let them do my truck and promote it.... As long as they replace anything that breaks etc. before they gave it back to me. :)
Yes, the Tundra TRD supercharger is only $3000 and it increases the hp in the 5.7L 120hp.

Lower that price a little please on the RL supercharger.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
what about MPGs? the Ridge get sh*t milage in town and on highway as well.... sorry boys in cali we do 75 average. I'd get shot doing 55-60 on open highway

·
Registered
289 Posts
what about MPGs? the Ridge get sh*t milage in town and on highway as well.... sorry boys in cali we do 75 average. I'd get shot doing 55-60 on open highway
Haha....so true, I've actually seen chp pull someone over for going that much slower than the flow of traffic.

Were talking about a performance part, can only imagine this would probably put city mpg to 10 to 12

·
Registered
289 Posts
so there are currently no mass produced superchargers for the ridgeline?
nope, and I would highly doubt that there ever will be

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah it would be nice (daydreaming)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I contacted Comptech and they said everyone complained about the price of the SC so they will not be making one, the price would have been around $5K and I told them I'd pay 6K for one, maybe I'll have to pay even more to get them to build me one, I hope it isn't too bad considering they already have a design to work with.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,601 Posts
There's a lot of discussion on this topic from the past and all lead to the conclusion that the Ridgeline does not have the drive train to withstand the power that a supercharger kit would give you. In other words, unless you have lots of money to burn, the tranny and VTM-4 would not last. By the sounds of it unless you do modification for those two weaknesses, you just buying a kit that will ruin your drive train. I don't know enough to argue the point, I just repeat some of the literature I've read on the ROC

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.