Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic found a Honda Pilot engine with about the same mileage as my Truck, and installed it... he also had to replace the timing belt, water pump, battery, alternator, everything! All the fluids! Even found out that the a/c was never hooked up! So that was re-hooked up, too. Mechanic thinks it might be O2 sensors? The Engine LIght & VTM Lights are still on when driving the truck, but the steering is nice & tight... the suspension feels fine... We took it out for a good drive to Penhold & back to Chestermere yesterday.... She drives perfect! Just like new! So why those lights?

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,020 Posts
Hold up, your mechanic did an engine swap, but 'thinks' it is an O2 sensor? As mentioned above, retrieve the DTC and see what it is.

The AT pickup sensors on the transmission is the same on the Ridgeline and Pilot, for the '06-'08 years only. If the pilot engine is different, swap it out and see if it works.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hold up, your mechanic did an engine swap, but 'thinks' it is an O2 sensor? As mentioned above, retrieve the DTC and see what it is.

The AT pickup sensors on the transmission is the same of the Ridgeline and Pilot, for the '06-'08 years only. If the pilot engine is different, swap it out and see if it works.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm... swapping that engine out again? After spending $$$ nope not going to happen... this is the Third engine!! Honda West really did a number on this truck! I think they thought I was going to trade her in... But I’m on Disability, can’t afford to do that.... This is MY Truck! It’s the last thing I paid off! I’m not Trusting another dealership (that’s three now in Calgary!) these hungry sharks are just after your money, they don’t give a damned about the customer! Who knows what rules the Shop falls under! I had no Time to do anything, as I said, I’m on Disability... Sometimes, my flare ups can last for months, I have no control over that, so I couldn’t go after them... Life’s not always Fair...

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,261 Posts
Hmm... swapping that engine out again? After spending $$$ nope not going to happen... this is the Third engine!! Honda West really did a number on this truck! I think they thought I was going to trade her in... But I’m on Disability, can’t afford to do that.... This is MY Truck! It’s the last thing I paid off! I’m not Trusting another dealership (that’s three now in Calgary!) these hungry sharks are just after your money, they don’t give a damned about the customer! Who knows what rules the Shop falls under! I had no Time to do anything, as I said, I’m on Disability... Sometimes, my flare ups can last for months, I have no control over that, so I couldn’t go after them... Life’s not always Fair...
He means the pickup sensor not the WHOLE ENGINE. . .

·
Registered
2007 RTL Steel Blue
505 Posts
When the wiring for my o2 sensor was chewed by a rodent, the VTM light was the 1st to turn on. A day or two later, the Check Engine light came on with an o2 code and that's how I discovered the chewed wire. New sensor and everything was back to normal. Not sure why these trucks trigger the VTM light for an emissions code.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,020 Posts
@Dcdubois50 , was referring to the sensor. Thanks @eurban

Let your mechanic sort out the O2 sensors. Should not be too difficult for him. Rest well and get better. We all know about the dealerships; life is not always fair.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,584 Posts
Ok, just plugged in the DTC, results: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunctions: #1 Bank 1 Sensor 1
#1 Bank 1 Sensor 2
Code P2628 02 Sensor Engine Bank #1 Voltage too high
Perhaps this can help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts