Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday Vanbo and I are swapping wheels (2014 Sport and 2014 RTL). We are meeting halfway in La Crosse to do the swap. Does anyone know of good location to do this? Hopefully it will be sheltered because rain is expected?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
If you don't get any 'personal' (from that area) references, TireRack lists a couple of "Auto Care Mall" locations (Holmen & West Salem), as well as a "Tires Plus" location in Onalaska. Of course you could always just look up a Discount Tire store?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At first we were looking for tire shops, but we decided it couldn't be that difficult and were planning to just do the swap ourselves. However, you can't just pull into any old parking lot and start working on vehicles.

It would be great if someone who's familiar with the city knew of a nice spot. If someone on this forum lives anywhere near LaCrosse and would let us use his driveway or curb, I'd provide them with a six pack of his favorite beverage!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Two floor jacks, a couple harbor freight mini chocks and a Walmart parking lot . Don't over think this.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
Pair of 22mm 1/2" sockets & a pair of 24" breaker bars, you can spin the lugs off really fast

And someone bring a 1/2" torque wrench & set it to 95#

I'm with slider, don't over think, unless you find someone on here who offers, I think any big parking lot off to a side will do

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Maybe you're right. It might add some excitement to the deal if we treat it like an Indy car pit stop. Hopefully be gone before somebody calls the police on us for trespassing;act028:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Since you're allowed to camp out for 3 days in any Walmart parking lot, I can't imagine an hour or so changing tires would be a big deal. Go to the back where the RVs are parked.

Flymo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where are the mini-meet pictures? :act018:
For a fleeting moment I considered taking a couple pix. But then I thought they'd be boring and unflattering: Two black RLs, up on jacks...

Anyway, thanks to all for the suggestions. Vanbo decided to make it a family trip and booked a hotel. We did the deed in the hotel parking lot. Took an hour; easy peasy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts