Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The ones you see in the pic are part of a prototype order made many months ago prior to manufacture. I bought these prior to knowing because their are no others in existance that I know of and I didnt want to let them pass me by. There is a chance that no more will be made. So, i took the risk but I felt confident from the info I had that they would be an upgrade. It is a fair question and i have asked this question myself. If I get a response from the fabricator I will post here. Regardless, they are going on my truck.

Im probably not going to install to next weekend because of travel, but I will post my install and my impressions.

They are noticeably thicker than stock and they are heavier than they look. I was suprised at the weight. They have nicely done powder coat finish. I am not going to try to guess as to the material or treatment processes - i honestly dont know.

I'm not the seller, I'm a risk tolerant buyer, and I'm not even recommending them (yet) at least until after install.

You have to decide for yourself. I just posted to let you know they are available in limited quantity. They are probably leftovers of a limited run. As far as I know, they might be gone already.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
I hope the stock sway bar links are up to the task, or could also be upgraded. Looking forward to your impressions on the beefier sway bars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You are my Hero!!
will be next in line to see WTF and for all the sniveling wynners I have a full pair of test labs I use for material evaluation available should I wish to cash in on owed favors.

First I will install and evaluate for my use. Next if I care to go further......

I will start with physical measurement then hardness and dynamic profiling using certified stress strain equipment, so as to profile bending characteristics In the testing labs I know and trust, and use regularly.

So its 6 metal bars I am buying with my own money, that someone else tried with the best of their abilities to help me with certain handling characteristics I am not willing to accept as Honda decided on as best for my used truck.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope the stock sway bar links are up to the task, or could also be upgraded. Looking forward to your impressions on the beefier sway bars.
That is a good point and a valid concern. I should know if there is any preload on the end links if they dont play nice on install. Although Im not planning on taking it on the track just reduce some roll, there will be increased load on the links because of it. The question is how much. Well Im fixin to find out. There are adjustable ones out there. If necessary will look for upgrade if needed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sway bar end links are as easy to deal with as anything. Looks like the difficult shape needed if you wish for stiffer sway bars trying to use a universal adjustable sway bar Would be a very tough choice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I did a rear sway bar on the 2013 Subaru Outback I owned and it made a big difference in terms of overall flatness of the vehicle and made it fun to drive.

Not sure I have the same desire from the RL being that it is a truck and so much bigger. Eager to hear what you think

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is from the manufacturer:

They're cold drawn SAE 1045 steel. No heat treating is necessary as sway bars are not springs in the traditional sense because they sit at rest in an unloaded state. That's the gist of a rather complicated discussion from the engineers regarding metal choices for sway bar manufacturing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also:

The manufacturer recommended staying with the OE links which they say is pretty standard practice for the majority of their sway bar upgrades. Typically they only change them in full race applications where extreme adjustably is necessary.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Installation notes:

The 2 short bolts provided in the box are intended to go in the front position (toward nose of the truck) of the supplied U shaped bracket. You will reuse the factory nut removed from the short stud on the factory OE bracket. You will also reuse the long factory bolt and utilize the provided nuts to secure the U bracket.

Rear bracket simply reuses the OE bolts.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts