Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have driven the Ridge twice. I love the truck. In my opinion, it is the new standard. I wanted everything. Nav/Moonroof/XM. But in the end I decided to go a completely different direction.
I test drove a New Jetta TDI. It was smooth. Mileage was drop dead amazing. I would go into more detail, but I think this is not the place for that.
This is a Honda Ridgeline group. And I have come to respect all of you very much.
Just to let you all know. I have had many trucks. Five in the last 8 years. But my demands for a truck are growing less and less. I think its time to step back and get some good gas mileage. I can always BEG my wife to let me drive her Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Thanks for all the great input. Hope your Ridges carry you safely.
Jeff Heiss
Dallas, Tx

L

·
0 Posts
hersheytx said:
I have driven the Ridge twice. I love the truck. In my opinion, it is the new standard. I wanted everything. Nav/Moonroof/XM. But in the end I decided to go a completely different direction.
I test drove a New Jetta TDI. It was smooth. Mileage was drop dead amazing. I would go into more detail, but I think this is not the place for that.
This is a Honda Ridgeline group. And I have come to respect all of you very much.
Just to let you all know. I have had many trucks. Five in the last 8 years. But my demands for a truck are growing less and less. I think its time to step back and get some good gas mileage. I can always BEG my wife to let me drive her Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Thanks for all the great input. Hope your Ridges carry you safely.
Jeff Heiss
Dallas, Tx
Thanks for joining us Jeff. Stop again anytime.
Congratulations and enjoy your new ride!!

J.C. :)

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
That's a great car you just picked up. You can plan on enjoying it for a couple hundred thousand miles or more.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Give in and let her trade the Jeep on the Ridgeline. :rolleyes:

Best of both worlds!
I did the opposite- drove civics for 10 years for gas mileage.
Decided to not be so cheap and get my truck!
Still think it should get 21-26 mpg.
Good luck on the Jetta. :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Jetta's a good car. Nice choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice, I had a couple Jetta GLS Tdi's, a 2000 and a 2002. Thats back when I had to drive 2 hours a day for work but we recently moved and now I'm only five minutes from my office. My Jetta's were both 5 spd, manuals and I always got 50 Mpg. Really excellent cars and comfortable. Good Luck, visit Fred's TDI forum for your VW info.
http://www.tdiclub.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts